New to the forum - braces on at 27!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

angelac19

New to the forum - braces on at 27!

#1 Post by angelac19 »

Hello,

I'm new to this forum.. I'm 27 years old and have had my traditional metal braces for 5 months!! I was just told I needed 4 premolars extracted and have decided to do it. :) excited and nervous at the same time! I hope to get these bad boys off by the end of next year!

I hope everyone else is enjoying their time with braces...or maybe counting down the days until they get removed. ha.

Thanks!!

Mart

Re: New to the forum - braces on at 27!

#2 Post by Mart »

Best of luck! You'll be roughly the age I am now when your braces come off, I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

angelac19

#3 Post by angelac19 »

[quote="Mart"]Best of luck! You'll be roughly the age I am now when your braces come off, I hope it all goes smoothly for you.[/quote]

Thank you so much! Are you already done with your braces or do you have them on now?

Branwillaws

#4 Post by Branwillaws »

Can't say im enjoying my time with braces, ha ha, but im on my last stretch now! I like you got braces when i was 27, (last year) My whole process included 2 surgerys, SARPE and double jaw, and aprox 24 months of braces. I'm recovering from my double jaw surgery now! Cant wait to see the final result!

mymble

#5 Post by mymble »

Hi angelac19, I'm about to get braces next Tuesday and I am 26. I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed a little while back but there was not enough space so the removed one more last wee :( :(
Anyway, can I ask you why you decided to go for traditional metal? I am still on the fence and I CAN NOT decide!! Also, when are you getting your molars extracted??

waltzpeony

#6 Post by waltzpeony »

Good luck! all the best to you! how has the journey been so far?

angelac19

#7 Post by angelac19 »

Branwillaws wrote:Can't say im enjoying my time with braces, ha ha, but im on my last stretch now! I like you got braces when i was 27, (last year) My whole process included 2 surgerys, SARPE and double jaw, and aprox 24 months of braces. I'm recovering from my double jaw surgery now! Cant wait to see the final result!
OH my gosh !! that's a lot work done and i thought i had it rough :) When are you getting them off if you haven't already?
mymble wrote:Hi angelac19, I'm about to get braces next Tuesday and I am 26. I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed a little while back but there was not enough space so the removed one more last wee :( :(
Anyway, can I ask you why you decided to go for traditional metal? I am still on the fence and I CAN NOT decide!! Also, when are you getting your molars extracted??
Please tell me how it went getting your braces on ..and if you decided to go with traditional braces! Which extra tooth did you get removed? I went with traditional braces because they were cheaper, would give me a better result and they would be a faster process compared to invisalign! I think those are all great pros in my book...plus I didn't need to worry about removing my retainers every time i ate and i wouldn't need to worry about drinking coffee all day (which i do!). I got my premolars removed about 6 weeks ago, about to go in today to get my wire trimmed and a new power chain.

waltzpeony wrote:Good luck! all the best to you! how has the journey been so far?
My journey has been GREAT. At first I was nervous and anxious about having braces and what other people may think but I've encountered so many other folks my age or even older going through the same process! I almost forget i have them if you can believe that :) How long have you had your braces? Or are you already done with yours?

Braced on 1/7/16
Estimated brace removal: 12/31/17
Traditional metal braces top and bottom
4 premolars extracted

If you want to follow my Braces Story on Archwired: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=50533

Check out my Braces Blog (for more details) at: https://angelasjourney.wordpress.com/

Lovespain5

#8 Post by Lovespain5 »

Welcome to the forum!
And good luck with your treatment!
I had a similar treatment, don't hesitate asking questions!
:?:-#):mrgreen: