Braces and RPE: 6 Month Before and After. WOW

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

WebDevGirl

Braces and RPE: 6 Month Before and After. WOW

#1 Post by WebDevGirl »

Like many of you i would rarely smile in pictures enough to show my teeth, and if i did come across one it would look so terrible i would throw it out!! I've been slowly watching my teeth change in the last 6 months but it wasn't until my dentist showing me my before pictures that i went WOW!!!

i don't have a scanner so i had to take a pic of the dentist picture with my cellphone. Its hard to tell in the first photo but way obvious from the lower advantage point in the 2nd photo that my top teeth overlap my bottom. I also had a tooth that stuck out a bit right in front there.

Again sorry for the crappy cellphone pic but you can REALLY see the difference. I can SMILE big and not feel ashamed! If you are hesitating at all about getting braces DO NOT WAIT. You will only kick yourself later.

My Ortho has a book of some before and afters and he asked if he could put my progress in there and i said SURE!! I was so inspired by seeing someone else in his book with a dramatic change that i would LOVE to be that inspiration for someone else. If i get a copy of his 'after' pictures he took i'll post them here as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BracedGeek

Re: Braces and RPE: 6 Month Before and After. WOW

#2 Post by BracedGeek »

Amazing! :tingrin:
Metal braces from March 2011 until October 2012. Hawley retainers since October 2012.

Lc1987

#3 Post by Lc1987 »

Wow they look great!! I bet you'll be smiling all the time now. Always lovely to see pictures of peoples new smiles, makes everyone in the process more excited about their own outcome :)

Congrats on the new smile :D

- Bottom brace fitted 11/11
- Top brace fitted: 28/03/11
- Bottom wisdom teeth removal op: 10/02/11

BracesKing

#4 Post by BracesKing »

I cannot see the picture as I am new. But I feel really inspired when I hear these kind of good news. Every one desires for a beautiful smile and I am happy for you. I am getting braces in 2 weeks and hope I can do the same.

katiemcb09

#5 Post by katiemcb09 »

Wow, that's really phenomenal! I can't believe the difference in 6 months! Hoping I can see that kind of change soon! :)

24 y/o, 1st timer, ceramic top 6, metal everywhere else
Estimated: 28 months
http://missmetalmouth.wordpress.com/

Boira

#6 Post by Boira »

Wow, what a difference in only 6 months!
  • Invisalign 1st round: 23/26U - 23/60L - 13 attachments. Stopped at tray 23.
  • Mid-course correction: 15/15U - 37/37L - 11 attachments - DONE!
  • Refinements: 33/33U - 33/33L - 17 attachments - DONE!
  • Refinements 2nd round: 1/18U - 1/18L - 10 attachments

Lc1987

#7 Post by Lc1987 »

@WebDevGirl

How often did you have the wire tightened? Another guy on here had them done every three weeks & his was on for 11 months with a amazing difference at the end...on the NHS in the UK we have them done every 6 weeks. I'm wondering if this is a big factor in the differences in peoples braces time.

Leanne :)

- Bottom brace fitted 11/11
- Top brace fitted: 28/03/11
- Bottom wisdom teeth removal op: 10/02/11

kittykel29

#8 Post by kittykel29 »

Wow they really look great!!! I can't believe they moved so much in 6 months. You must be so happy!!! Good luck with the rest of your treatment!!!

Rizzie

#9 Post by Rizzie »

Looking good! That is a lot of progress in just 6 months! Congratulations!

revontuli

#10 Post by revontuli »

Beautiful!!! :-)