OVERBITE - pic included - inman aligners? invisalign?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ayay123

OVERBITE - pic included - inman aligners? invisalign?

#1 Post by ayay123 »

Hi! :gavel:
Well I'm a 21 year old student thinking of correcting my teeth. They aren't too bad, but I've been called goofy etc.

I have a 5mm overbite and 5mm overjet

Discreetness is a big BIG deal for me. I hate the sound of braces, especially at my age. I have 3 months of holidays so I don't mind having something obvious in my mouth for 3 months, and then moving onto something invisible. I just want to push my top teeth in. I understand I probably need extractions :cry: Would an inman aligner be suitable?? If not, what else could I do??

My teeth : http://imageshack.com/a/img841/4794/e2y9z.jpg

Super

Re: OVERBITE - pic included - inman aligners? invisalign?

#2 Post by Super »

ayay123 wrote:Hi! :gavel:
Well I'm a 21 year old student thinking of correcting my teeth. They aren't too bad, but I've been called goofy etc.

I have a 5mm overbite and 5mm overjet

Discreetness is a big BIG deal for me. I hate the sound of braces, especially at my age. I have 3 months of holidays so I don't mind having something obvious in my mouth for 3 months, and then moving onto something invisible. I just want to push my top teeth in. I understand I probably need extractions :cry: Would an inman aligner be suitable?? If not, what else could I do??

My teeth : http://imageshack.com/a/img841/4794/e2y9z.jpg
Just go with nhs braces if yo can, it'd be worth it. and surgery if you can stomach it! ;)

arciedee

Re: OVERBITE - pic included - inman aligners? invisalign?

#3 Post by arciedee »

I don't know if this is something that would be available to you, but wanted to share my story. I started out with a metal appliance called a "Carriere distalizer" (I think they changed the name recently to "Carriere Motion") to correct my overbite. It was a tiny bit less obvious than full braces since you don't have any metal on the front four teeth. I wore that for about three months, then it came off and I transitioned to Invisalign. I didn't really have an overjet, so I'm not sure if this would work in your situation, but wanted to give hope that there are situations where Invisalign can be used after a brief period in a fixed appliance to achieve the overall goal.

Good luck in your journey!