New to the board

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mapleleafman888

Re: New to the board

#166 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Hey how'd it go?
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

TrustGodAuburn

#167 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

Well, I got some of that terrible awful filing done between my lower teeth again. I just do not like that! :yuck:

They had a new light purple lig color, so that is what I have....

And I think my stubborn tooth might be coming into line finally... Just took a picture to confirm...

I did not ask about how much longer I had...he remarked that everything else is great, except for that tooth. LOL.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TrustGodAuburn

#168 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

I have my 15th braces adjustment today...

I am REALLY REALLY going to try to be brave enough to ask how much longer he thinks I might have....

I am hoping for something like September or so... that would put me at 2 years.

I don't feel like my lower arch has changed significantly since my last adjustment, but the rogue tooth had turned a good bit that first day (last picture I posted). I know he already told me I won't get a perfect result because I refused to let him pull teeth, so this might just be where my teeth land and stay? I guess I won't know until I ASK.

Will update later this week after my adjustment.

Oh, and I am a bridesmaid in a wedding in 2.5 weeks so whatever lig color I pick today will be in ALL of those wedding photos for FOREVER. I am thinking the light pink???
The dress I have to wear is mint green.

mapleleafman888

#169 Post by mapleleafman888 »

#15 only? Haha kidding.

Well I hope you chose matching green to go with the wedding get up...

I'm with you 100%, just ask hahaha! You already have braces so it can't be any worse.

TrustGodAuburn

#170 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

Survived my 15th adjustment... However, there was more filing ... A lot more! Ugh... Felt like he was gonna rip my teeth right out of my head.

I finally asked and he said he thinks I'll be done in 6 months. Woohoo!

I let them talk me into the "smoke" color ligs and I do not like them... But stuck with them now.

I got a new lower arch wire (18x22 stainless steel), and two teeth have wire ties. They just re-cinched upper arch as usual.

TrustGodAuburn

#171 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

I have my dental cleaning appointment today...what as I thinking having that scheduled the day after an adjustment? At least my teeth will be nice and clean in their soreness. HA!

mapleleafman888

#172 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Haha brave girl! Glad you asked now :D

How's the new wire and was the cleaning appointment good?

TrustGodAuburn

#173 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

mapleleafman888 wrote:Haha brave girl! Glad you asked now :D

How's the new wire and was the cleaning appointment good?
I am glad I asked...

The new wire did it's work the first couple days, and now I feel like I'm right where I have been. He changed my elastics configuration and within 2 days my bite was horrible, I went back to my old configuration and it feels and looks better. So I'm not sure if I should call and ask about it - or just keep with my old configuration. :?:

I'm so excited for you mapleleafman! You only have 6 days!!!!

mapleleafman888

#174 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Yeah sometimes my ortho did things and it made my bite worse. I've been doing my own elastics configurations and it feels so much better. They can't feel what we feel so if it works then hey.

YUP 3 more days now!!!!!!

TrustGodAuburn

#175 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

Had my 16th adjustment today... A little bit of filing between my teeth but not as bad as the last few times. They changed my lower wire, recinched top wire. I have a wire tie on my lower trouble maker tooth, and some figure 8's on lower arch also.

And in the exciting news..... At my next adjustment he is taking both wires out and doing a panoramic X-ray to check my roots to see how close we are to being done! He said everything looks great, even my wonky tooth is almost there! Woohoo. He said when he gets ready to put my permanent retainer on lower he will polish the back of my wonky tooth to help it bond well and stay in place.

I'm super excited about the xray because surely he would not be doing that already if he didn't think I was close to being done!

Thoughts???

mapleleafman888

#176 Post by mapleleafman888 »

I think the x-ray is good news, must be getting close at least I hope! Any adjustments lately?

TrustGodAuburn

#177 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

My next adjustment is on April 28 - this is the one he said he was going to do my x-ray. I'm hopeful I will get a better idea of when I will be done with the braces :) :HugeGrin:

JENWALTON01

#178 Post by JENWALTON01 »

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Just got my inman aligner yesterday so very early days for me. Finding it very strange at the moment and just hoping I will be able to speak properly at some point. I dont expect to speak completely like I normally do but it cant stay like this, I hope!!

So glad i found this site, always good to hear from people going through the same thing.

TrustGodAuburn

#179 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

Welcome Jen! You will adjust faster than you realize! I wish you luck on your braces journey! :)

JENWALTON01

#180 Post by JENWALTON01 »

Hi TrustGodAuburn,

Thanks for your comment, how far into your brace journey are you?

What type of brace have you got?