Catgyrl's (Cathy's) Journey at age 42...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HeyBuckey!

Re: Catgyrl's (Cathy's) Journey at age 42...

#421 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hi!!!!

I thought I was the only one who talked to my self daily...:P I'm glad I could be of some assistance. :D

Wow...with braces it seems like anything is possible. Only one tooth has an overjet? That must be extremely irritating. I can't tell it's doing that at all! Your Ortho seems so non-chalant and unusually quiet. I bet he has a secret lab somewhere where he disects gerbils or something...OR! His Assistant could be his number one experiment. :lol: It's a shame you gotta make sure she does it right. She should probably slow down a little.

Really! Mine too except mine is like 2.5-3mm wide. It's driving me up the friggin wall! I just want this gap to close, not right before I get these braces off but like TODAY! I angers me when I realize I can still fit the tip of my tongue in the gap :x . Maybe the work they just did is going to ensure that your extraction gap closes quicker hence the pain.
Ah well! Here's to beautiful smiles! :-88
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Upper row braced 9/23/2009
Lower row braced 10/5/2009
Molar banded 11/16/2009
Final Eval/Braces Removal 4/10/2012
Sentence: 24-30 Months
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =heybuckey

catgyrl

#422 Post by catgyrl »

Okay... I'm bored, and little bit irritated...

Last month, I managed to keep my powerchain almost perfectly clean for over 4 weeks. This month, one week after my adjustment, one lunch at Taco Bell turned my chain a not-lovely shade of amber! One lousy, stinkin taco meal. :-( That's it - we're getting COLOR when I go back next month. I think my ortho assistant is dying to put color on me, because she looks really bummed when I tell her no. But I have to wait until the 11th of November. :(

Onto slightly better news: My overjet is really starting to come back in. I think that once my crooked upper incisor straightens out, they'll both come back even further. Here are a couple of pics (pretend the chain is white again):

(I find pics look much nicer if you turn the flash off... or make them greyscale! LOL)

-Cathy

catgyrl

#423 Post by catgyrl »

Just called the ortho - they can take me in tomorrow morning for a chain change. Mrs. Ortho answered and was super-duper nice. She totally understood my predicament, and said she used to do it all the time (eat bad things) when she had braces.

Now... what color to pick???

HeyBuckey!

#424 Post by HeyBuckey! »

GO PINK!!! Pink would look awesome. :D
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Upper row braced 9/23/2009
Lower row braced 10/5/2009
Molar banded 11/16/2009
Final Eval/Braces Removal 4/10/2012
Sentence: 24-30 Months
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =heybuckey

catgyrl

#425 Post by catgyrl »

HeyBuckey! wrote:GO PINK!!! Pink would look awesome. :D
I had Shocking Pink once, for approximately 5 days, and had to change them because they looked hideous (like I had smeared lipstick all over the front of my teeth). He gave me kudos for even trying it. haha I'm leaning more toward the light blue, but if I chicken out of that, I'll probably get lavendar. Will post a pic (of course) when I get back. Saw the light blue ones on ceramic brackets over in the "Lig Colors" thread and they look lovely!!

Ellebraced

#426 Post by Ellebraced »

Your teeth are gorgeous. 5 more months (hopefully) must be an amazing feeling. Your overjet is barely there any more. Aren't you excited to bite into food with your front teeth when this process is all done and actually be able to cut it lol. I remember I could never bite a piece off of an onion ring. Or biting into a piece of cheese and seeing your bite marks, how nice it will be to see them all lined up and pretty instead of wonky.

Can't wait to see your new powerchain but wow are your ceramics so clear with the clear. Very jealous mine have so much metal it makes it seem silly to have clear brackets that are NOT clear, though I wouldn't last a day without them getting stained.

Elle

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

catgyrl

#427 Post by catgyrl »

Thank you, Elle! You summed it up perfectly in describing what it will feel like to actually see tooth marks in your food (front teeth, not molars!). I test it out once in a while now and try to bite using my front teeth. It feels so strange...

I just got back from my "emergency" appointment. I decided to go with the light blue. It doesn't seem to look as nice on my teeth as it does on kitsune's sparkling white teeth (see "Lig Colors" thread), but I think it's cute, anyway. Just wish she'd put the chain on a little bit straighter. (Yes, that is nitpicky, I know.) He took one look at my old chain, his eyes got real wide and he said, "Yikes! What did you eat??" On impulse, I smacked his arm, and then thought, "That was kinda inappropriate..." :oops: I told him I ate at Taco Bell, and I didn't even add any hot sauce; it was just from the meat. He said they might have turmeric in it, and that's what did it. He also said that Taco Bell probably isn't the wisest choice of something to eat, and I thought he meant because of the uncertainty of what's in the meat. On the way out of the office, it occurred to me that he probably thought I'd eaten the hard-shell tacos, and I just got myself in a heap of trouble for eating stuff on the "no-no list". But my tacos were the soft ones, which is probably why I was able to eat without a worry... and just enough for it to coat my brackets.

Anyway, here's my pic:

libbylou

#428 Post by libbylou »

Cathy - your teeth are looking fantastic!

kitsune

#429 Post by kitsune »

Aren't you just soooo happy that you went with blue?! :mrgreen: Do you think you will get colored chains for the remainder of the time that you need them?

catgyrl

#430 Post by catgyrl »

@libbylou: Thank you so much! You just brightened my day!

@kitsune: I am so glad I went with the blue. The color really is growing on me! I'm pretty sure I will be sticking with colors of some sort for the duration of my "sentence". I may do light pink next month. Then I will hopefully have to pick only 4 more colors. :mrgreen:

I'm thoroughly bored today, so I did another comparison shot. What a difference from Day 1 until now!

anngie27

#431 Post by anngie27 »

Catgyrl--great progress. Hope I can say the same when I get braced in a couple of months

catgyrl

#432 Post by catgyrl »

anngie27 wrote:Catgyrl--great progress. Hope I can say the same when I get braced in a couple of months
Thank you so much, anngie27! You will be amazed at your progress. Take lots of pics and refer back to them whenever you feel like things may be at a standstill. :D

Roboto

#433 Post by Roboto »

Beautiful! You can especially see the difference with your midline!

sjs8906

#434 Post by sjs8906 »

I have been following your story for a while now, but I don't think I have ever commented. I just wanted to say that your teeth are looking amazing!! So much progress!

catgyrl

#435 Post by catgyrl »

Thank you so much, Roboto and sjs8906! For someone who never even knew what a midline was until I got braces, now that's the thing I wanted fixed the most (even more than the overjet). Things are slowing to a crawl now, though, and I'm ready for drastic measures. I plan to actually write down my questions for my next visit so I can finally get some answers. (I should play a joke on him and bring a roll of adding machine tape, and tell him, "I just have a couple of questions for ya," and then roll it out onto the floor!)

As for my light blue powerchain - so far, so good! No staining at all on the front teeth, but the two brackets in the back (where I aim the soda and ketchup) are now a lovely shade of fluorescent green. And you know what? It looks kinda cool! I want to see if the Extreme Green color my ortho has would look like that. I would TOTALLY try that one next time.

-Cathy