Marie is a Metalmouf. Frack.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MetalMouf

Marie is a Metalmouf. Frack.

#1 Post by MetalMouf »

Hi all,

My name is Marie, 27, and I just got braces a month ago. My case was not really one big dental issue, a million little issues that need to be corrected.

I have:

slight crossbite
slight bottom crowding
huge gap on top right area due to missing tooth
slightly narrow palate
slight overbite
overjet
and constriction on the right side
rotated molar

Basically I'm a hot mess. Death by a thousand paper cuts.

Parents didn't really see a reason to get me braces, as my teeth looked GENERALLY ok, but some things have been bothering me. I got a GREAT ortho who is also concerned about facial aesthetics and restoring facial harmony.

I had a palate expander for a few months, which miraculously worked (No tipping! Hollah)...

Now I have moved on to clear Damons on top and metal ones on bottom. My wire is 014 (I actually just called to find out what it was, lol, loser). I also have a spring on the right side and a wire to rotate my tooth. Due to overbite/overjet I also needed bumpers, which I hate.

I'll post pictures when I am liberated from newbiedom.

This board has been a tremendous source of information and inspiration.

I despise these braces and I do kind of regret it, but I had to do it as it was impacting my bite, as well as face. My sentence is 20 months. I look very stupid with these things, but I try to keep in mind no one really cares but me.

MetalMouf

Re: Marie is a Metalmouf. Frack.

#2 Post by MetalMouf »

BTW I don't really care about the pain- I am more embarrassed about the aesthetics. I do know everyone is doing their own thing and no one cares I have braces...but I have always been so outwardly focused (something I am trying to work on) that it really bothers me to not feel "pretty."

MetalMouf

#3 Post by MetalMouf »

Finally! It's picture time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Braced since: December 22, 2011

Sentence: 20 months

Dental problems: All

Braces: Damons

Come say hi and see my progress at: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41336

MetalMouf

#4 Post by MetalMouf »

Finally, the only upside about having braces. Big ol' lips, lol. Looks like I'm smuggling a bag of rocks in my mouth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Come say hi and see my progress at: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41336

Huggypillow

#5 Post by Huggypillow »

Wow you have really nice teeth, your midline is almost off the same as mine, mine more to the left.

Im just so glad im not the only one going through it

MetalMouf

#6 Post by MetalMouf »

Oh gosh, what wonders do I have to look forward to? I suspect rubber bands eh? Do you have a blog or journal? I'd like to read about your progress....was your midline moved or improved? Do you know what caused yours? Mine is most probably due to a tooth extraction when you.

Thanks about the teeth....I think they look like chiclets! My biggest insecurity is the overjet, so hopefully that's taken care of soon.

As of now, I have seen zero movement, except for my one tooth being rotated.

Huggypillow

#7 Post by Huggypillow »

No blog at the moment i will do at the end, my midline shift due to too much movement on the bottom.

Yep as suspected i am wearing 1 elastic on the left side only. Been wearing this elastic for 1 week and nothing to notice so far.

Although i have had a journey so far being 5 months with top and bottom braces, ive even been subjected to those springs that push teeth apart, now they are not something i care to repeat ever.

Do you still have your wisdom teeth in, i cant remember reading it in your post.????

Did you have any bottom pre molars extracted ???

Huggypillow

#8 Post by Huggypillow »

Sorry how weird i was just looking at your photos close, and oh my goodness our teeth are almost the same shape, i notice your top teeth seem to slightly angle inwards.

Yes ? No ?

I even thought i was looking at my teeth ( having a laugh )

I should pm you a pic of mine if you want to see what im looking at either that or im crazy.

Huggypillow

MetalMouf

#9 Post by MetalMouf »

Cool! We're teeth twins, lol. Yeah, PM me a pic, I wanna see. Maybe we can get a two for one with retainers ;)

I have all four wisdom teeth, the only tooth I do not have is a premolar on the upper right side (hence all the spacing). I have an overjet in my front four top teeth, but the rest are ok...they do not really tip inward, just kind of a narrowish palate. Maybe the canines tip slightly?

I have no idea how my wisdom teeth squeezed in there, but there they are, in all their annoying glory.

I really wanna fix my bite. My molars dont fit together when I bite and it is annoying...and sometimes I end up biting my cheeks. How's your bite?

MetalMouf

#10 Post by MetalMouf »

Some updates.

I went to see my ortho a week ago and I got the following.

1) Two sets of power chains. They are set up both on the front and on the back of two teeth that need to be rotated. Ortho says this method will rotate them real quick.

2) Rubber bands! So early right!!?? (only a month in). They are very gentle ones (bald eagle) and I am to wear them to help with my crossbite. I have been very good about it and hardly notice them. I only take them off to eat, but I keep them on when I eat ice cream (which is all the time :D

The worst part are the two lingual brackets that hold up the power chain. It has actually affected my speech a little bit and hurt my tongue.

However, I am feeling pretty positive about this whole operation and not so self conscious anymore. If people see I am happy, I think it will be less of a big deal (and it's only a big deal to me, duh). Another piece of good news is that my ortho was worried about one tooth moving in a certain way to fit with the bottom tooth, but she says it's moving really well and she may be able to shorten my timeline (apparently, that was her one big concern). So, hooray to hope of debracing sooner :)

I'll post some pictures soon.