Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hank hill

#751 Post by hank hill »

A little blury but whatever.

Navy and Royal Blue.

bracesafter40

#752 Post by bracesafter40 »

I'm in baby blue once again...
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

sparkles

#753 Post by sparkles »

I got red bands today. I was stuck between orange, red, green and azure so asked the assistant to choose for me. She chose red to match my glasses :lol:
But definately going for azure next time!
I like the red but don't LOVE them

Folk Ballad

#754 Post by Folk Ballad »

I give you...
rainbow braces!

(Sorry about the lighting. I didn't have a natural light source at the time.)

pearls

#755 Post by pearls »

I want to choose rainbow one day, but I'm scared they'll think I'm greedy because they will be wasting like 8 rows of ligatures. I don't want to be selfish and use all their colours! Do you think they'll mind?
Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers

TumbleDryLow

#756 Post by TumbleDryLow »

Pearls,
I don't understand how they would be waisting 8 rows of ligatures? Aren't ligs attached to a stem and taken off as needed? It seems like it wouldn't matter if they were taking off 1 or 26. I'll need to pay better attention next time.

pearls

#757 Post by pearls »

Yeah I think they're on a row of about 8. However I'm pretty sure my ortho just throws out ones if they've been half used. It's probably something to do with cleanliness and hygeine.

So if I got rainbow, they would only be using like 2 of the 8 ligs for each colour, and just throw the remaining ligs away.
Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers

badbite

#758 Post by badbite »

I am wondering about my decision to please my three year old son. Bright green power chains.

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
SARPE on Jan 11, 2008 expanded 7 mm
RPE out on May 14, 2008

Folk Ballad

#759 Post by Folk Ballad »

Meryaten: Thanks. :lol: The rainbow pattern is actually the first colour choice I've been 100% satisfied with as it really works well with my general fashion style (which should tell you something). :lol:
Pearls: I guess it depends on the ortho assistant. The one I had that day was really friendly and pleasant, and actually seemed to have fun doing a more involved pattern than usual.
Maybe the orthodontist office you go to is different, but at mine, they just pluck the ligs off the little rows of plastic they come on. (They definitely don't throw away half-used ones, since they've just been in the drawer, not anyone's mouth!) And I actually had her put clear ligs on the rest of my teeth, just so that I could see what they looked like, so I used an even larger variety of ligs than pictured!
I guess what I'm saying is that it wouldn't hurt to ask. The worst they can say is no, right?

badbite

#760 Post by badbite »

Meryaten, Thanks, lighter colors seem to work for me. I will never get yellow though. I think the green actually makes my teeth look whiter than they are. That is the first picture of my teeth that I havent thought my teeth are so horrible I want to run and hide!

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
SARPE on Jan 11, 2008 expanded 7 mm
RPE out on May 14, 2008

sksk11

#761 Post by sksk11 »

Here are my newly braced uppers, ceramic 3M Clarity braces, with silver ligs (with the hopes of resisting staining, but maintaining the less obvious appearance of the ceramic braces):

Lowers get braced on 21st October - all metal, so definitely planning to experiment with colours here, maybe purple and pink :D Will post pictures then.

KARESS

#762 Post by KARESS »

Right now I have a black chain at the top
&
those little rubberbands on the bottom (black)
Ive had
Lime Green(favorite), Hunter Green, Dark Pink. Gray, Silver, Red, & Navy.
I try to stay away from white & yellow because my teeth arent the brightest & it wouldnt look right, but any dark color is nice on me.

Banded: January. 18th, 2007
De-Banding: Nov. 6th, 2008!
& Nov. 13th, 2008 ; pics soon.

Retainers
Lower Bonded Retainer
Olive Green:
Lower Hawley Retainer
Upper Hawley Retainer

SnowSara

#763 Post by SnowSara »

OMG AWESOME rainbow ligs! I am SO kicking myself for not doing rainbow :(

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

jawbreaker

#764 Post by jawbreaker »

I'm boring, I always go with the plain silver ones.

Lisa65

#765 Post by Lisa65 »

I've had power chains for months on end, and my ortho only does clear, so I've been relying on the ones I bought myself. I only have black, purple, neon pink and neon green, and the pink and green both fade badly, so I seem to be going for black all the time right now :?