Miracle Cure to Clean Clear Ligs and Powerchains! Yea!

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

debonairdenise

Miracle Cure to Clean Clear Ligs and Powerchains! Yea!

#1 Post by debonairdenise »

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share with everyone that I found a new(new to me) toothpaste in the local Walmart or Wally-World as I call it. It's called Topol Professional. It's main purpose is to clean tobacco, wine, coffee and tea stains( I don't use any of these things but I thought what the heck, Why Not). I had never heard of Topol but since I had used every other brand in the past 2 years I gave it a try. My ligatures and powerchains looked brand new after only one treatment. I had already scheduled an appointment with my ortho to change my clear ligs and chains because they were so discolored, and I am actually considering cancelling it.

No harsh abrasives or bleaching agents, and it freshens breath, fights cavities and protects future stains.

This product may not be a cure for everyone, but it was for me. I hope that you can find and try it. Who knows, it may work for you too.

Denise

LilRedPitViper

#2 Post by LilRedPitViper »

I've actually been using this since I got my braces on, and I've gotten comments about how clean my clear ligs are staying.

The texture of it is a little different from other toothpastes I've used. It doesn't seem to get as foamy... or something. I'm not quite sure what it is.

But it works.

TeresaTX

#3 Post by TeresaTX »

I'm on it! I'll make a walgreens run at lunch.

I couldn't resist the lure of butter chicken and samosa's and as everyone knows to make a good butter chicken you first have to make Tandori chicken SO...two days later I have nearly fluoresent yellow powerchains, even the silver that usually does so well is yellow! :lol:

Miss Smiley

#4 Post by Miss Smiley »

oooh samosa....... *drool* I think I'll have to try topol!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Miss Smiley

#5 Post by Miss Smiley »

Oh man...we're supposed to be talking about toothpaste not yummy yummy foods!!!!!!!!!!

sjsarre

#6 Post by sjsarre »

Now I find this out just before I get my braces off...

:shock:

TexasAggie09

#7 Post by TexasAggie09 »

Thanks for the tip, debonairdenise! I'm going to pick some of that up and try it.

I use the Crest Pro-Health toothpaste and love it, but my ligatures get quite dingy looking. One time the assistant said something about mine being clearer than most people's after a month, but that was because I completely went without coffee and cokes. I just got mine changed today so they are looking good, but last week my powerchains turned bright yellow! Thankfully, it was mostly just towards the back teeth, but I was embarrassed to smile or talk practically the whole week! I think it was from orange chicken I had eaten 2 nights before from a local Chinese restaurant- yum!

Again, I'm glad you found something that works for you- I hope it has the same positive effects for me!

Miss Smiley

#8 Post by Miss Smiley »

Yeah, this stuff didn't do anything for me. Eh....maybe something else will come along but Topol wasn't any better than my other toothpastes.