The Metal Mouth Message Board is usually a very helpful community. However, sometimes situations may get out of control and tempers may flare. Below are a set of additional rules for infractions that I expect EVERYONE to follow.
For a full set of membership rules for this message board, read the following post: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=9420
I also want to remind you of this message board's "mission statement," which outlines the spirit in which we want to run this board:
ArchWired.com and its Metal Mouth Message Board offer support and assistance to people worldwide undergoing or considering orthodontic treatment, in a helpful, friendly, and non-judgmental environment.
Starting immediately, members who break the rules will be dealt with as follows:
You will be notified by PM that you have broken a rule and will be given one warning.
If you break a rule again after your first warning, your account will be inactivated for 2 weeks.
If you break a rule again after your account has been re-activated, you will be banned from the message board.
In addition to the full set of rules, I want to remind everyone what what is expected of ALL members of this message board:
1. Members will not engage in the following behavior: swearing, using derrogatory terms or abbreviations, curse words, racist or sexist slurs, ethnic slurs, religious slurs, or name calling of ANY TYPE.
2. Members are expected to act in a respectful and civilized manner. No snarky or snide comments, no calling other members a "crybaby" and no "holier than thou" attitudes will be tolerated. If you don't have something constructive to say, or if you cannot constructively and respectfully reply to someone's post or PM, then keep your fingers off the keyboard. Disrespect is considered an infraction.
3. Members are discouraged from "jumping on the bandwagon" and participating in disrespectful behavior just because other members have done so.
4. Members who send derrogatory, disrespectful, or hurtful PMs or emails to other members FOR ANY REASON will immediately be banned.
5. If you believe that a member is breaking the rules of this message board, do not take matters into your own hands. Email or PM the Admin (me) and let me deal with it.
6. If a new member is acting in an inappropriate manner, send a PM to the Admin (me) to tell me about it. Let me evaluate the situation and deal with it.
7. Obvious goading and upsetting the community of this message board is considered unacceptable and is considered an infraction.
8. Creating a new account because your old account was inactivated by the Admin will result in an immediate ban.
9. If your account (or another member's account) has been inactivated, or if you or another member are banned from the message board, the topic is not open for discussion or debate. If such topics are debated openly on the message board, they will be locked and deleted.