TDiamond lingual braces story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TDiamond

TDiamond lingual braces story

#1 Post by TDiamond »

Well where do I start... I am a 27 year old solicitor and for professional reasons and also, I am ashamed to admit, vanity I did not want braces on the front of my teeth, so I had to go down the more expensive route of incognito braces. I did ask about Invisalign but my teeth are too crowded.

I was told I'd have to get my upper first pre molars removed and my lower second pre molars. Unfortunately I had a fall (on my face :lol: clumsy) just before I was due to get my brackets on and one of my top teeth became very sensitive so I had to hold off getting the wire on the top.

I got my upper and lower brackets on 9 April 2010 then got my two lower teeth removed and my wire on on 28 April. My teeth seem to be moving quite fast and I can't wait to get the top wire on as I am more self conscious about the top teeth.

I am getting my two upper teeth removed this Friday and the wire on the top on 14th July.

Here are pictures of my lower teeth before and so far. Just now the front teeth are getting pushed forward so that my ortho can get a bracket on the tooth that is turned the wrong way. He thinks he will get it on at 14th July appointment so I am pleased with that.

Before

9 weeks on
Image[/img]

I have had a little bit of pain sometimes but nothing major and it will be worth it in the end

TDiamond

#2 Post by TDiamond »

Got my upper braces on last night and also got a bracket on the lower canine which was twisted initially. Here are some update pics

Uppers - very attractive pics (not!!)
BEFORE

AFTER 1 DAY OF SHEER AGONY

I know it's only been one day and I am probably imagining it but I think they look slightly better from front on anyway!!

Here is an update of my bottom ones 12 weeks braced

BEFORE

I am in a lot of pain right now which will (hopefully) ease off by tomorrow. It is very hard to eat but that can only be a good thing I guess!! :lol:

equaeternal

#3 Post by equaeternal »

wow I def see a chance in your lower teeth

equaeternal

#4 Post by equaeternal »

sorry *change

TDiamond

#5 Post by TDiamond »

Thought it was time for another update.

Uppers 2 weeks braced

Lowers 14 weeks braced

Really pleased with the results so far. Is worth all the 60 mile round trips to the ortho for brackets falling off!!

TDiamond

#6 Post by TDiamond »

Another update: bottom braced 16 weeks
top braced 6 weeks

Definitely making progress :D
Getting them tightened again tomorrow which is always fun for a few days afterwards NOT

s00102

#7 Post by s00102 »

Wauw your teeth are looking really good! My upper teeth are similarly positioned like yours. I hope mine move as fast as yours though. Its been one week since my lingual braces but not much progress..

How long did the ortho estimated you'd have to wear your braces?

ShySmile

#8 Post by ShySmile »

TDiamond: WOW how fast do your teeth move????? Thats great! Your bottom teeth didnt look that bad to begin with.
By the way you are going you are going to have near to perfect teeth half way through your treatment.

I cant afford to have both upper and lower linguals :( have to get lower ceramics. dammit!

Just a question, when you had your upper premolor removed was the gap very obvious? I have to get 2 second upper premolor removed and when i smile or laugh you can see right to the back of my mouth!! Im worried :shock:

TDiamond

#9 Post by TDiamond »

S00102: Thanks I am really pleased with how fast they are moving.

Before we began my ortho said 12-18 months and he hasn't said any different yet but I have an appointment tonight to get them all tightened up so I will see what he is saying to it.

I guess because my teeth do move so fast I would rather they are kept on as long as possible to help them stay that way. I will get essix retainers to wear afterwards, gradually wearing them less until it's only for a few nights a week. And I am going to get a bit of wire bonded to the back of my lower teeth to hold them in place.

I did have normal braces when I was 13 but my NHS dentist only kept them on for 8 months! I think he was trying to break his own record!! They soon moved back, not as bad as they were before but nowhere near perfect. They were not even perfect when he took them off really. Possibly that was down to not having extractions at the time also.

ShySmile: Yeah my bottom teeth weren't too bad but I thought I might as well go the whole hog. Plus it can affect your bite if you don't fix them all.

TBH I wouldn't be too worried about getting lower ceramics as you can't really see them as much. My lower linguals are much more problematic for me I find. I have had a few brackets come off and need to be stuck back on, probably down to chewing more with those teeth. None of my top brackets have come off yet. It means a 70 mile round trip to my ortho when that happens, luckily I work for my mum or I would be in big trouble at work!

I had my upper first pre molar removed and my lower second. I was a bit gutted that it wasn't the other way around but I could see his reasoning. I felt very self conscious at first but no one has noticed at all. No one has ever noticed that I have braces in fact.

I have come to the conclusion that people really don't notice that much about other people we are all really self obsessed it seems haha. I have only started noticing peoples teeth since I have had braces I often find myself staring. Don't worry about it, really don't. It is totally worth it

TDiamond

#10 Post by TDiamond »

Here is a little update. I have got thicker wires on the top now and at the moment they are closing the gaps between my front 6 teeth. Hopefully soon they will start to close the big Hillbilly gaps where my pre molars were!

I have one of the proper wires on the bottom now - the ones made by the wire neding robots. I am not sure what they are doing at the moment but I think my orth said next time we start closing the bottom Hillbilly gaps :BigTeethGrin:

ShySmile

#11 Post by ShySmile »

You have really nice front teeth!

Extractions tomorrow. Can hardly wait :roll:
The thing that makes my skin crawl the most is the pulling sound when the tooth pops out. Makes me sick!!!!!!!! Really not looking forward to it.

How are your gaps going?

TDiamond

#12 Post by TDiamond »

Thanks, I think they need some work when I'm done with the braces because one of them is chipped slightly.

I don't even think about the gaps anymore. No one has commented on them either. the only time I notice is when I see a photo of myself where my head is slightly turned to the side. I always try to look straight to camera!!

Good luck with your extractions today. I am glad that is over with!! It is worth it now though

SilverGirl

#13 Post by SilverGirl »

Your teeth look great! You're so lucky to have those linguals! My teeth are almost straight (and my ortho said they will be by Christmas), but I'll still have to have the braces on for a few months after, so won't get to see the full effect until then. Would love to have those linguals, because you get to see the finished product sooner! And those gaps are not noticeable at all - much less noticeable than crooked teeth!

TDiamond

Re: TDiamond lingual braces story

#14 Post by TDiamond »

Am so chuffed had an appointment with my ortho yesterday and he says it's time to close my gaps :jump: Best Christmas present ever.

So he put power chains on both sides top and bottom linking my canines to my back molar. Man was I in pain last night :( It has subsided a little today but I am still not able to chew without pain. I am hoping it wears off a bit more by the weekend. Still at least when I feel pain I know they are working.

I wonder how long it will take for gaps to close. Anyone have any idea??

Chaplains Assistant

Re: TDiamond lingual braces story

#15 Post by Chaplains Assistant »

Been trying to get my gap closed (from having #4 tooth extracted) for 5 months and getting there but slowly. Not fast enough for me thats for sure. Good luck - your teeth look great!
Sentenced to 24 months
Upper & lower Metals
Braced on 8/23/2010
Debraced 7/23/12