Jaws' Braces are Off! Before and After Pics!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jaws

Jaws' Braces are Off! Before and After Pics!

#1 Post by jaws »

Hi Everyone,

I posted this under my braces story, but thought I would post it here too. I finally got my braces off this morning after 14 months! Here is the story:

I went in this morning at 8:30am. The assistant proceeded to 'snap' off my brackets with a special tool. This hurt a little bit, especially on some teeth that were particularly sensitive, but overall it just felt like a lot of pressure.

Then the ortho came in and started to shave all of the glue/cement off of my teeth. This wasn't exactly enjoyable, but not painful. It was kind of like getting a regular cleaning at the dentist...lots of things poking into your mouth, but not a huge deal.

Then I had to get bonding done on two of my top front teeth (each tooth beside my front teeth). This took awhile as the ortho put the special etching liquid on (which smelled/tasted gross!), then the bonding material, then zapped it all with a blue light.

After this was done, he bonded my permanent upper and lower retainers to the backs of my 4 front teeth. This was a relatively simple process too, not painful at all.

After this, the assistant came in and made upper and lower impressions/molds of my teeth to send off for my retainer, which will be available in 2-3 weeks, and which I will only be wearing at night.

Then they took some pictures, and I was on my way!

I would say the most annoying thing about the experience was having my mouth open for so long, with various instruments coming in and out of it! I was there for around 2 hours, which was a long time! I have been staring at my teeth all day...I can't seem to pull myself away from the mirror!

Overall, I am happy with the results. I definitely need to do some whitening, as a couple of my teeth are particularly yellow. I bought some Crest Whitestrips Premium Plus today, so let the whitening begin!

I also feel like my teeth look HUGE! I haven't quite gotten used to smiling properly. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I think things look great, and other times I think I look a little weird. I think it's just going to take me awhile to get used to myself with these great big arches! It's also interesting how my profile has changed, which you will see in the next set of pictures.

Now for the pictures!

Here are a bunch of before and after pictures that my ortho printed out for me--the pics aren't great quality, but you'll get the idea (click on the thumbnail to make it bigger):

And here are some of my own pictures:

BITE BEFORE:

BITE AFTER:

TOP BEFORE:

TOP AFTER:

BOTTOM BEFORE:

BOTTOM AFTER:

SMILE BEFORE:

SMILE AFTER:

This has been a crazy process, sometimes very depressing and frustrating (with a few tears shed here and there!). However, like many others, I must say that it was all worth it in the end. I now have a set of beautiful, and most importantly, healthy teeth. I will keep everyone posted on how things go with my retainer! :D
Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

ShinySmile

#2 Post by ShinySmile »

Jaws--

Your teeth look AMAZING! :-)o CONGRATS!

Chris

#3 Post by Chris »

Absolutely gorgeous!!! So Happy for You !!!
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Will

#4 Post by Will »

Congratulations Jaws!!!!

:banana: :banana: :flowerbloom: :-88 :-V :-)o :-)o
Braces On: 11/1/05
Braces Off: ???

jennielee81

#5 Post by jennielee81 »

WOW! I am so jealous!!!!!

Your teeth look fantastic!

Please keep us updated on your retainer(s)!!!

I am SO glad your ortho finally came through for you and took them off.

You must be very satisfied with your result. GOOD WORK!!!!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Doug

#6 Post by Doug »

Wow, excellent result! Amazing they got it all done in 14 months!
I know what you mean about smiling. Its almost like you have to relearn.
Congratulations and enjoy.

alexa

#7 Post by alexa »

I second being jealous!

Your teeth look great!

:D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Evelyn

#8 Post by Evelyn »

WOW! What a change, your smile looks gorgeous and healthy; congratulations for sticking it through-judging from the pictures it was well worth it in the end!

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

jaxxie118

#9 Post by jaxxie118 »

Congrats on getting your braces off. Your teeth look amazing!! If I were you, I wouldn't stop looking in the mirror either. :wink:
Metal uppers & lowers + 1 tooth pulled
Estimated treatment time: 18 months

Granola

#10 Post by Granola »

Wow, your teeth look absolutely amazing. I can't believe how much change took place. Don't doubt for a minute that they look beautiful (though I can understand scrutinizing them after all of this time!). I am *so* impressed, and it is so encouraging for those of us still in braces to see your results. Thank you so much for posting these inspirational photos!
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

Lisa65

#11 Post by Lisa65 »

They look great! I'm so jealous lol

nvcarissa

#12 Post by nvcarissa »

Really, really gorgeous!!! Congratulations!! :-)o

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

sjsarre

#13 Post by sjsarre »

Congrats... They look great :D

what a change in 14 months...

texasangel

#14 Post by texasangel »

Jaws - your teeth look FABULOUS !!! Congrats !!! :thumbsup:

I'm like you - sometimes I look in the mirror and they look great and other times they look so different from the beginning, and you just have to get use to them.
Braced on 1/10/05 - full metal- woo hoo!!
Braces coming OFF 5/31/06 !!!

Clo

#15 Post by Clo »

OMG, Jaws !

This is just awesome. Many many congratulations !
Indeed, your smile looks much wider now. Your ortho is indeed right.
This controlled arch procedure does work ! He has done a terrific job here.

Can you tell, does your bite feel comfortable right now ?