Raspberry's Story(with Pics) Updated- May 30th/08

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Raspberry

#31 Post by Raspberry »

jennandtonic wrote:I can definitely see changes from the beginning to now, your teeth are looking great!

You'll start working on those gaps before you know it. Has your ortho told you if he's using powerchains (those are like a miracle!)?
Hi Jenna,
I'm hoping for powerchains soon! But he hasn't said anything about powerchains. I'm usually suprised by new things at my adjustments. As long as he doesn't say the word "Head gear" I'll be ok :crazy:

jennandtonic

#32 Post by jennandtonic »

Raspberry said
Hi Jenna,
I'm hoping for powerchains soon! But he hasn't said anything about powerchains. I'm usually suprised by new things at my adjustments. As long as he doesn't say the word "Head gear" I'll be ok :crazy:
I know what you mean about the headgear. The first thing I asked my orthodontist at the consultation was 'will I have to wear headgear?' hahaha.

Well, hopefully whatever it is won't involve headgear. Not that I have to tell you, but let us know what he does!

Raspberry

#33 Post by Raspberry »

What does Headgear actually do?
pull you teeth back?

Sorry that you'll have to wear headgear.
I've never seen anyone in this town with headgear, and my ortho is the only one in town, so I'm hoping that means he doesn't use them!

Raspberry

#34 Post by Raspberry »

Today May 16th is the actual date I was supposed to get my braces.....
WOOT! for Waiting lists. I was braced on February 7th, over 3 months ahead of schedule.....
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Raspberry

#35 Post by Raspberry »

May 30th - 3rd Adjustment

It's a beautiful day and I walked down to the ortho's office. I got there 10 minutes early, and they took me right in. Dr. J came right over, along with a new Assistant (well new to me hahaha). I love all the assistants I've had so far, very friendly and professional. They took a look, and asked me if I had any problems... I just mentioned about grinding my teeth... he said there isn't much we can do about that, and that mostly grinding is due to stress.. he told me what I could do was "Get rid of everything that stresses you out and you'll be fine!" then laughed.. lol easier said than done!

His instructions to change:
-New "Stainless Steel Wire" on the bottom.
-Reposition a bracket on my top right lateral.
-Add a wire tie to my top front tooth (which is supposed to turn that tooth, since it overlaps the other front tooth), and remove wire tie from the top right lateral!

I changed my bottom ligs to Gold but I'm not too fond of it, you can barely see it :S

My next appointment is June 26th, less than 4 weeks away! YAY... I will be getting red ligs for Canada Day (July 1st)

My Teeth are pretty sensitive, especially the tooth the repositioned the bracket on, it's was pretty painful when she was scrapping off the cement.
and the popping of the bracket *shudders*

SUGARANGEL

#36 Post by SUGARANGEL »

Hey Raspberry, Does it hurt when they reposition the bracket? I am curious so I will know it for sure.

2-6-2006 Top braces
6-6-2006 bottom braces
Sentenced 1-26-2006 for 24 months
All metals...
Debanded on June 18th 2008

Raspberry

#37 Post by Raspberry »

SUGARANGEL wrote:Hey Raspberry, Does it hurt when they reposition the bracket? I am curious so I will know it for sure.
I found it did hurt a bit, but it mostly made me shudder, the pop the old bracket off ,and it makes a loud pop sound , then they scrape off the excess cement/glue... and that felt really gross to me, like they were breaking my tooth.
Putting the bracket back on was just like when they first went on, doesn't hurt at all.
it only took about a minute, so I guess it's not that bad.

Of course you should know that this is coming from a big baby.. hehehe

Raspberry

#38 Post by Raspberry »

KK wrote: Good luck with getting rid of the stress ... if you find something that works ... I reckon you'd make a fortune with it! 8)
Thanks KK-
I'll be sure to share my secret stress-remedy with you first :D
Maybe I need to get a punching bag or something...hehehe

paulosportz

#39 Post by paulosportz »

omg...
COngratulations!

your progress isssss AMAZING!!!

they are looking wonderful already in such SHORT amount of time.

well done!

Raspberry

#40 Post by Raspberry »

paulosportz wrote:omg...
COngratulations!

your progress isssss AMAZING!!!

they are looking wonderful already in such SHORT amount of time.

well done!
You haven't seen anything yet! Those pictures are over a month old... I will take some new ones tonight and post them! The have come a long way in the month since those pictures... I'm getting great compliments from many people.

Raspberry

#41 Post by Raspberry »

June 8 - Picture update 4 Months

As Promissed, progress pictures!

garrettnb

#42 Post by garrettnb »

Lookin Good!!! :D
Quiero Pasta?

sjsarre

#43 Post by sjsarre »

Movement is great.. Bet you are pleased with your progress todate!!

:D

Raspberry

#44 Post by Raspberry »

Thanks for the quick replies!
I am very pleased so far!

Raspberry

#45 Post by Raspberry »

Monday June 26 - 4th Adjustment

Went in to see Dr. J, he took his usual check of my teeth, cracks a joke, but again no mention of how good or bad things are going.

Changes made:
New stainless steal wire on top, wire tie on front tooth taken off.
Bottom wire was "anchored"... not exactly sure what this means, but she took the wire out and made some bends in it, then told me this would make it feel tighter. Anyone know what this does?

I got Teal ligs (I decided agains Red) on the bottom, and the usual clear ligs on the top.

My teeth hurt more this time than they have before. I can barely brush my teeth or eat, it's all really tender.
Keep on moving little teeth :!:

I will post new pictures soon!

My next adjustment is in 7 weeks :( I can't wait that long! lol