Closing loops - speedy?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fins

Closing loops - speedy?

#1 Post by fins »

To those with closing loops or who have had them in the past, did you ever close a space overnight? I actually closed a space within 24 hours and I'm shocked. I wasn't expecting that at all, granted the space was pretty small but I thought it was about 1mm.

I've read a few posts where the closing loops were worn for several months but I am wondering if there are others who only wore them one or two months. Anyone?

tictac

#2 Post by tictac »

I wore closing loops for 4 months to close my extraction gaps. I had a small gap on my upper right and when my ortho activated the wire, it was closed by the time I got home! Those suckers hurt like heck but I'm happy to be gap-free now. I hope they stay that way when the braces come off! I'm sure it's possible to wear them for only a short while, depending on the size and number of gaps you need to close.

OnMyWay

#3 Post by OnMyWay »

I've just started with closing wires. The area between the loops is closed so I guess the gaps must have closed some right? I wish I could actually feel a difference in the size. Is there anything more painful and uncomfortable in orthodontics than when the closing wires are being activated?