4th adjustment (with progress pics!)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jess214

4th adjustment (with progress pics!)

#1 Post by jess214 »

Just got home from my 4th (? - I lost track) adjustment.
My dentist changed the wire for the first time, and switched from wire tires to clear ligatures.

I've always wanted to get ligs so I was literally like :shock: (in the happy way) when I saw him putting them on me, but I was quite bummed when I noticed that he didn't ask me for my color preference :( So now I'm stuck with clear ligatures. Noooo, and I just bought two packs of instant (but oh so yummy( Japanese curry last week! :( They're now sitting in the kitchen screaming out for me to eat them. What a tease. At least I'll get wire ties on the top again at the next adjustment.. or so I was told.

Oh yeah, and I don't know if it's just me, but those things seem to pop out pretty easily. Just when I was about to step out of the door of my dentist's office, I felt a snap and so I felt around my mouth with my tongue. Sure enough, my tongue came into contact with a lig. Already! So I went back in and had that replaced, but even looking into the mirror, I can see that the ligs for some of the brackets are only 'in place' on three corners. :\ I'm worried they might snap out of place in the near future. But for now, it's a funny feeling when my upper teeth touch the ligs on the bottom teeth. Kind of like teeth bumper cars? :P

P.S. Back to my Japanese curry.. I was just wondering, what kind of foods (beside the obvious ones like coffee, tea, and curry) stain ligatures? I don't want to end up with mustard-green ligs by the end of today! :( I'm even reluctant to eat my fried rice that my dear mother brought into my room just a few minutes ago. I like the way they look now! *sulk.

FYI: this and #4 on the picture above were taken just 15 minutes ago.
Last edited by jess214 on Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
braced w/ ceramic brackets & wire ligs - 28th Nov, 06
debanded! + Essix retainers - 5th Nov, 08

sjsarre

#2 Post by sjsarre »

WOW...

fantastic results you've had there..

Your teeth are looking great already!

jess214

#3 Post by jess214 »

Thanks sjsarre! :D

I'm really happy about my results too. It's only been three months!

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

Looking good, jess.

Red wine will also stain ligs over time. But the big one is turmeric, there's no doubt about that.

ngbraces

#5 Post by ngbraces »

Wow! Your teeth move pretty fast! Just about 3 months, they are almost in line already! :thumbsup:
You must be very satisfied with the result. Your ortho must be proud also. :jump:
Full Metal Mouth

jess214

#6 Post by jess214 »

Thank you everyone for your encouragements. :D

I'd still like to know more about what kind of foods are going to stain my clear ligs though. Tell me about all of them.

P.S. KK, just as I was reading your reply last night, I was drinking out of a can of V8 from a straw. How coincidental!

JumpTheDitch

#7 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Wow, jess, that's some progress, your smile looks great :thumbsup:

yse

#8 Post by yse »

Woow, it is impressive indeed. Some very determined teeth you have there. :P

LithpingLitha

#9 Post by LithpingLitha »

I wanted to choose my lig color, but the assistant didn't understand my request. It seems my ortho's office isn't accustomed to patients asking for colored ligs on ceramics instead of clear.
So, I have 3 more weeks in clear ligs that have stained light yellow due to mustard. :roll:
:sad: I 'spose I'll need to be more assertive next my next appt. :|
22 months in treatment (upper ceramics, gelb on lower arch and then self-ligating brackets), hawley retainers
LithpingLitha's Braces Story