naaaaked

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

embraced3

naaaaked

#1 Post by embraced3 »

hi everyone,

just wanted to share some before/after photos with you all. i was recently debanded on Feb 14th (Valentine's day, :wink: ) after being in braces for 18 months (RIP my braces, 7/26/05-2/14/07). this was actually my second time in braces. basically i had a tongue thrust problem that was never acknowledged nor therefore resolved and my tongue was pushing my teeth (tops and bottoms) outwards again. but here are a couple of before pics:

you can see how the tops stick out a bit
and please excuse what looks like litle crumbs on my lips :oops: didn't notice that until now!

front view...i had a LOT of visible teeth back then! unfortunately i had to extract a few before i was banded :(

and now, after the braces!

since it was my second time in braces, i had an idea of what was coming to me, but it was definitely harder this second time around because i am a little older (i am 22--i know that's not that much older considering there are many 40+ people on here, i applaud you guys by the way!!) and everyone expected me to have been done with this whole process already. it felt like a long journey, but it was comforting to know that this forum was here for me to turn to and that i didn't have to go it alone :D

thanks so much to all of you out there! :D

19Braceface

#2 Post by 19Braceface »

BOOTIFUL!!! WOW :shock: your teeth look so perfect, like britney spears! they were pretty before too though..you have a nice smile structure *not just the teeth, but the lips and way it all comes together*...good for you! :)

serendipity

#3 Post by serendipity »

embraced3 - wow fantasic result. People would kill for your "before braces teeth" let me tell you. Lovely result...well done for enduring the braces journey second time round. Enjoy :D

~serendipity
"Welcome to wherever you are - this is your life, you've made it this far..."

In Braces for 15 months - Debanded Feb 07
Am I Enjoying It? "Hell Yes!"

victory1

#4 Post by victory1 »

They look fantastic! Definitely worth it the 2nd time around!

faithnlove3

#5 Post by faithnlove3 »

I am 24 and in braces... and yes, it's definitely hard, especially when you want to enjoy the young nightlife... luckily enough, bars and dancesfloors and very dimly lit :D congratulations! your teeth look beautiful!

embraced3

#6 Post by embraced3 »

thanks for the comments, guys!

faithnlove, funny that you mention dimly lit places. i went to cosmic bowling (where they turn on blacklights) once after getting my braces, and i was SO afraid my ceramic brackets might glow in the dark! thankfully, they didn't :lol: