I'm new with pics

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nancoy

I'm new with pics

#1 Post by nancoy »

Hello everyone! I am 28, wife of 9 years, mother of one and braced January 10, 2007.
Here is some pics of my teeth, its late will have to explain why I got braced another day. I had my spacer put in December 19, 2006 and had Damon 3's put on January 10, 2007 and have them removed sometime before April of 2008. Haven't had much movement on top except for my left lateral has come out from behind the big tooth next to it (does it have a name?) and the bottoms are moving alot but weird they were straight to begin with, or so I thought. I have experienced no pain with the braces but can't say the same for the spacers.

Its March 2, 2007, almost 2 months in my Damon 3's.

1. teeth together, you can see they don't meet.

2. Top view - you can see the need for the braces

3. Botton view -you can see they are straight, they were never crooked or crowded.

4. View of top and bottom

5. What my top looks like when smiling

I will get my first adjustment March 7, 2007 so I will post a update then. I am all ears to hearing your thoughts, suggestions and about your brace experiences.

Update: Its March 8, the day after my first adjustment. Mmm can't say I am enjoying it. Teeth are very sensitive and giving me a headache. I did wake up this morning to see a space inbetween my teeth on the top :D

Update again: It's been 9 months in braces, was told that I might get them removed at my next visit! Read more below!
Last edited by nancoy on Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

joney

#2 Post by joney »

Hi nancoy

Your teeth are really lovely and you already have a lovely wide arch. On first viewing I thought to myself that you didn't need a brace. Apart from those two front teeth, which I think will straighten out in no time your teeth look perfect.

Good that you haven't had any pain with the brace, I've been fairly lucky in this respect too.

Look forward to seeing your progress. I just know that your teeth will look fantastic soon.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

nancoy

#3 Post by nancoy »

:oops: double posted
Last edited by nancoy on Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

nancoy

#4 Post by nancoy »

The front two were crooked but I didn't need braces. At 21, I had my wisdom teeth cut out and that is when my top teeth shifted 6mm, causing the 6 teeth in front to crowd into each other making the two front worse and I wasn't able to floss any of my top teeth. Over time my teeth became uncomfortable cause my bit was off. It looks like I have a wide arch but I don't, I have a really small month so an expander or a tooth extraction might be needed due to keeping the two front from rotating forward instead of back into place like they are suppose to do but I asked to hold of on that for right now and let the braces do what they can do, the right tooth is doing exactly what the dr said so we'll see what happens when I go back next week. They used blue glue and I still can't get it off my molars. I do have a chipped tooth they will repair after braces and I will also get them zoomed due to coffee stains because I wont give up my coffee - :lol:

DamonDeb

#5 Post by DamonDeb »

I got my Damon 3s on exactly one year ago from the time you got yours on. I was quoted 2 years. You will see a ton of movement in the first 3 months. Take pictures every once in awhile for encouragement. The front teeth move the quickest because they don't have as many roots as the molars. I couldn't eat sandwiches for the longest time because my front teeth kept moving.
I enjoy the damon 3s and and the fact that you go every 12 weeks for adjustments. They were more expensive but worth it in my eyes.

swiss1

#6 Post by swiss1 »

Hi Nancoy! How exciting, a brace twin! I got braced on 10th jan also, although just the top for now. I've got much more work to be done, but it will be fun to read up on your progress!

WiredforSound

#7 Post by WiredforSound »

Welcome Nancoy! :D

You have great pictures. You teeth will look wonderful when they are done.

I am getting braced with Damon 3s on March 22 and hoping for a painfree experience as well.

Looking forward to sharing your journey with you! :)

Neysa

Congratulations nancoy!! And welcome

#8 Post by Neysa »

It is sooo encouraging to hear that you had no pain with the Damon 3s. I hope to get mine around the last 2 weeks in March. Glad you are here to share the experience with us.

bracesafter40

#9 Post by bracesafter40 »

Nice pics; thanks for sharing. So why did your ortho brace the bottom if it is straight?
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

smallbutmighty

#10 Post by smallbutmighty »

Hello Nancoy,
We missed sharing a b-day by one day-- mine was jan. 11. Mine are bottom only, but it will be fun sharing results. Have had a lot of movement already and am only 2 weeks past my 2nd adjustment (monthly). Hope your treatment goes very smoothly. Look forward to your updates.
It's all in how you see yourself!

nancoy

#11 Post by nancoy »

I didn't realize 6 months have gone and past since I posted this! Where does the time go?

Anywho, I have been braced since Jan 10, 2007 schedule removal for April/May of 2008, have had 3 adjustments and went in for my fourth last week to be told that my archwire didn't need to be changed and that if all goes well I can get them off at my next appointment which is Oct 31st so we'll see! I didn't have to have a tooth extracted nor did I have to wear the pallet expander so right now I am having to wear elastics, one on each side, till the end of my treatment. When I have more time I will post new pics so all can see my progress!

smallbutmighty

#12 Post by smallbutmighty »

How fantastic Nancoy,that you have done so well in such a short time. Looking forward to the pictures. I had my 8th adjustment today and still have a ways to go. Good luck on the rest of your treatment time.
It's all in how you see yourself!