the journey of lz *UPDATE 5/12/07* new pix

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lz

the journey of lz *UPDATE 5/12/07* new pix

#1 Post by lz »

My latest updates are in the bottom of this first post :)
I thought I would go ahead and start my own story :)

Well back in January I had a bubble/bump to form on the gums under a lower front tooth. It was very sore to touch so I went to the dentist (not my regular dentist as I am an army wife so my dentist is back at our "home" where family is). So I see this dentist and she has no clue what this could be after she sees the x-ray it is a dark spot on my root :shock: :? .
So she sends me to and Endodontist. He was an amazing Dr. :) he had bad news though my tooth had got resorption, from what I gathered it could be from trauma to my tooth ?? and the root was attacked and killed. He could TRY to do a root canal coming from the front would be the only way to do it and if the resorption was in the back then it would basically break my tooth. It wasn't worth the 300$ to not work because he didn't really think it would work. So I had to have it extracted :(. So I went to the oral surgeon and it was took out and it did indeed break right in half and she had to really dig (I was awake but numb) to get it out, it was quite traumatic :(. So I went the best route as a root canal would have been unsuccessful and a waste of money.
So now I have this nasty gap missing a bottom front tooth. I am now back "home" seeing my regular dentist. So I went anticipating a bridge. But as you can see in my picture below I have a very crooked tooth beside the gap that would have to be a post for the crown of the bridge. Well the angle of this tooth would mean that my nerve would be exposed and need a root canal when they grind it down for the post. This would cost me my tooth and extra money. My dentist suggested I get braces to move this tooth to fill the gap and well to save my teeth also. The thought of having 2 more teeth IN THE FRONT grind down wasn't sounding very appealing to me. I just didn't think braces would be in our budget to even consider but my dentist was determined about it and set up an appointment. I was thinking ok I will go to this free Orthodontic consult just to please my dentist then go back and talk him into a bridge as it would be cheaper....
I went to the consult with the Orthodontist. One of his assistants had braces and they looked really cute lol this made me start thinking "man I should do this." Well I go back and the Orthodontist was so generous (I guess because of the referral) he gave me and AWESOME deal of nearly half off the treatment. At this point I was really liking the idea of saving my teeth and the price was very reasonable. Now I had to convince my husband :P , after explaining- he was for it.
I will have 16-18 months of treatment with the Damon braces.
I am worried about the resorption happening again that is so scary :( but with it happening once I would think my dentist wouldn't recommend a treatment that could cause it again?
I don't have many teeth left, I have had a lot removed and I am only 26 years old. I am SOOO excited to get my braces!!! I get to save my teeth and fix alot of other problems I have (cross bite) and have a beautiful smile. I never knew my back teeth show when I smile like that either til I took this picture. I will add more with braces on Thursday when I get them :) I'm so excited!!

Heres is my smile now

and heres is a view of all (scary I know)

---------------------------------------------
4/12/2007

I got my braces today all went GREAT!!
Here are some pics I got green and pink ligs :)

Also you can see the ortho built up the teeth around my gap with glue to help fill the gap some :)

---------------------------------------------------
5/12/2007
My teeth have moved SO much in the last 3 days my "glue" is now touching in my gap its GREAT!! Here are some pictures a month into braces.
bottom
Last edited by lz on Sat May 12, 2007 1:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

smallbutmighty

#2 Post by smallbutmighty »

Hello lz,
welcome to one of the best websites and message boards. It is really great that you have the support of your husband and sounds like a good dental team. You already have a really nice smile, so imagine how great it will be when everything is made better. Looking forward to your following story and pictures. You will find yourself looking forward to reading others stories and seeing the amazing changes we all are experiencing. There is lots of good advice and support coming your way.
ruth :)
It's all in how you see yourself!

becks

#3 Post by becks »

Hi lz,
You have been through quite a bit already! I am glad for you that the orthodontist was able to get you such a reasonable deal on your braces. With your husband behind you and your positive attitude about it all, I think you will adjust to it all just fine. Good luck on Thursday and for sure post pics w/ your braces on.

BTW, I'm an Army wife too :)
Braced ~ March 13, 2007

lz

#4 Post by lz »

Thanks to you both!
I found this forum a few weeks ago and I have learned SO MUCH!!! I love it here!!

lz

#5 Post by lz »

oops edited cause I didn't mean to post again.... :oops: