Finally some progress with lower expander.On since November!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Gennel

Finally some progress with lower expander.On since November!

#1 Post by Gennel »

I stopped taking pictures of my expander progress because it has been extremely slow. I finally see and feel some difference. I think I'll be wearing this expander around 10 months before Iget them off! My ortho said to give it at least 9 months since he noticed my progress was stubborn I guess lol I got them on in Nov/06 so it's been about 6 months now.

Here is my pics from Jan/07

This is today April/07

Genel

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

Definitely some progress there, you must be so relieved! Your top teeth are looking great, by the way.

Hope that dratted expander soon finishes its job. You've really been through the mill with it.

Delag

#3 Post by Delag »

I am so happy that you are seeing progress! I was just wondering about you and those stubborn molars the other day. I have some stubborn molars of my own so I can understand the frustration.

Gennel

#4 Post by Gennel »

To be honest. I don't mind the waiting for things to finally get done anymore and get this damn expander off. My main frustration is all the unexpected painful accidents I've had with this expander. I still get a raw tongue at least once a week. The worst was earlier this week. Since the expander has stretched ,my tongue has to get used to it.This week I felt my tongue get stuck on the expander on myleft side and I could not pull my tongue forward or backward. I had no choice but to pull my tongue and the expander ripped a little piece of my tongue's skin right off like a piece of string cheese! I could not scream or make a scene because I was at my daughter's school fieldtrip! It's amazing how in 48 hrs it was healed . So far I think I have spent about $60 in dental wax! So far this is the longest I've been without wax, a whole week! lol I'm just sooo glad to see that I won't be needing a Plan B to upright these molars!

Gennel

Danielle

#5 Post by Danielle »

My main frustration is all the unexpected painful accidents I've had with this expander. I still get a raw tongue at least once a week. The worst was earlier this week. Since the expander has stretched ,my tongue has to get used to it.This week I felt my tongue get stuck on the expander on myleft side and I could not pull my tongue forward or backward. I had no choice but to pull my tongue and the expander ripped a little piece of my tongue's skin right off like a piece of string cheese! I could not scream or make a scene because I was at my daughter's school fieldtrip! It's amazing how in 48 hrs it was healed . So far I think I have spent about $60 in dental wax! So far this is the longest I've been without wax, a whole week! lol I'm just sooo glad to see that I won't be needing a Plan B to upright these molars!
No, no, no!!! I'm getting one of these next month... when I saw it last week, I thought "Oh, I can totally handle that" but now I'm not so sure. Did it have a big effect on your speech?

Just out of curiosity... what was plan "B"?
Metal Braces: August 18, 2006-January 14, 2009
Essix-type Retainers: January 14, 2009--present

Carolinahigh12

#6 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

Looking good.. How long did it take for you to get braces on the lowers? Did your ortho put the expander and the braces on at the same time, or did you have to go back for the lower braces? My ortho advised me that that would be part of my treatment and I was just wondering about the timeframe.
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~