Got Great News Today! Plus a Delay!?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Gennel

Got Great News Today! Plus a Delay!?

#1 Post by Gennel »

Ok so I have been wearing my elastics to close my bite a total of 7 weeks and today was my adjustment. My bite is closed! so he said no more elastics . I had one and only one problem left to deal with! He put a button on my upper molar so I have to put an elastic from that top button on the lingual side to the bottom lingual side of the molar band. Well when he said to close my mouth ,the elastic would just slip right off! Again he said "close your mouth" and it slipped off! I seen his facial expression and he was thinking..... I blurted out to him " Please don't tell me my other option is to put a molar band on top,which means I need spacers on top!
He just looked a little stunned and replied "I'm sorry hon but you are correct" UGH!!!! So I have 2 spacers on top.

You may be asking so what's the great news? The great news is that he said my only issue is to correct that back molar. He said I am done with the rest.In fact he did some IPR (shaving between my teeth) He put me on powerchains on top and bottom and he said ,that's it.I'm looking at 2-3months before I get them off.Who knows maybe earlier!
My estimated treatment was up to 30 months. If I'm done in 2-3 months ,my whole treatment would be 24-25 months total.
It would have been even much sooner but I got my lower braces on almost a year later!

The strangest thing happened. When I get home I put the same 3/16" elastic on the top button down to the molar band on bottom and it never slipped off?! In fact I kept it on and I called his office a few hours later and asked to speak to him but he was with a patient so I asked the assistant to tell him what happened. He said he had hoped the button would work instead of putting another band. So I asked if I could please take the spacers out since this was working already. He said he prefers to be safe so to keep the spacer on and continue with the elastic.If it has not fallen off after 4 weeks then I will be able to finish off my treatment without a molar band :)

I would have been thrilled by knowing that I would get them off by Christmas but knowing they will be off in the summer is even better!
Gennel