Getting a copy of your Clincheck video / pics

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Wobblydeb

Getting a copy of your Clincheck video / pics

#1 Post by Wobblydeb »

Well, I'm finally going ahead with Invisalign after seeing a couple of Clincheck options at my dentist. One with extraction and one without (and quite a bit of IPR!).

I would love to get a copy of the Clincheck video to watch when my teeth are aching, but my dentist doesn't know how to do it.

Can anyone suggest a couple of different ways I can suggest to him to get me a copy?

Thanks all - promise to share if I do! :D

HeatherS

#2 Post by HeatherS »

My dentist is a premier provider who handles a lot of cases but still doesn't know how to send me my clincheck via email. I asked about getting a copy a few days ago and their response was that they've never had anyone ask for it before and they'll "look into it". I know several people on this board received copies of their via email attachment so it can be done, but I guess it's up to the dentist/ortho to figure it out. However, at my two week appointment this last Monday my dentist gave me my entire box of aligners and I'm quite obsessed with laying them all out in a row and looking at how my teeth are going to move over time. Maybe you can ask about taking home your aligners if they can't send you the clincheck?

John37

#3 Post by John37 »

I took a USB flash drive (memory stick) to the dentist. There is a way to save the movie to an avi file, and we saved my movies to my drive.

I can't remember exactly how to do it. There were options on the left side of the screen. It wasn't something obvious like "save movie." It was like "export" or something a little cryptic like that.

I have links to two of my movies in my signature below.

pie

Using Clincheck 2.5

#4 Post by pie »

Hi,
I am new to the message board and here are the steps to export the movies. (I will be beginning my treatment today!)

Please note that you will have to position the ClinCheck view to the one you will want to export.

Click on "Utilities" --> "Save" --> "Movie"
You can then select "Course of Treatment" or "Spinning Jaw".
The movies posted here are usually "Course of Treatment".

Note: You can also select "More Options" to configure movie resolution, movie quality, movie speed, etc..
The doctor could also configure his Clinicial Information for the movie as well.

Finally, click on "OK" and choose a place to save the movie into.

Note that the movie will be an "avi" file and it could be rather large if you choose high resolution settings.

You will probably need to compress the movies before emailing.

Hope this helps...
Pie.

John37

#5 Post by John37 »

Yes, great instructions! Thanks pie. :D

The avi files I got and that I posted on the links in my signature are around 1300KB each. That is for 29 frames. The initial starting position of my teeth is the first frame and the other frames represent each aligner. If someone if going to the dentist/ortho I suggest just taking a UBS memory stick type thing and saving to that. And take the instructions that pie posted!

Wobblydeb

#6 Post by Wobblydeb »

Thanks everyone, this forum is so good :D

I will be taking a USB stick to my next appointment!
Initial set: 31 upper / 17 lower
1st refinement: 14 upper / 10 lower
2nd refinement: 10 upper / 5 lower