Before and After Pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kayla

Before and After Pics

#1 Post by Kayla »

So, my treatment was 13 months. It was suppose to be 18-20 but they moved quickly. No problems really with anything through out treatment.

Results are that my self estem is boosted and I smile alot now. Here are some pics...let me know what you think.
Before
After
Top Before
Top After
Front Before
Front After
Side Before
Side After

I hope this gives you hope in your quest for your beautiful smile. I know it's more than I ever expected...I cried the first time I looked in the mirror. I have never, until now, had people tell me what a beautiful smile I have. It feels so good...good luck to you all.

snowbunny

#2 Post by snowbunny »

Nice to see your pictures. You look amazing! It's great to see how much nice straight teeth enhance our appearance. I can't wait till mine are all done and I can give a great big smile like that. Mine are a bit similar to your before pics, I just have three front teeth that need straightening out. Thanks for sharing your photos.
Upper metals on 10th Feb 2006
Estimated treatment time 9-12 months

materialsgirl

#3 Post by materialsgirl »

Wow!!! What a difference! You look great! :D

ingyandbert

#4 Post by ingyandbert »

You are a lovely lady, first of all. And your smile looks fabulous! I would have cried, too, to see such a beautiful smile for the first time.

Thanks for the inspiration. Those of us who are just starting our treatment need all the success stories we can find!

Lyn

#5 Post by Lyn »

WOW

Congratulations!!! :-)o

What was the total time you were braced?

Thanks for the inspiring photos!

:pinkbraces:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

Kayla

#6 Post by Kayla »

Top ones were one for 13mnths and bottoms were on 7mnths.
I didn't really post pics of the bottom but there was just mostly a crowded problem there with no rotations.

Evelyn

#7 Post by Evelyn »

Wow! What an incredible change, congrats! :-)o
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

wearetheborg

#8 Post by wearetheborg »

Nice.

Your top front teeth seem be over the front bottom teeth. Does that pose any problem for biting ? Was the ortho aware of that problem ?

Kayla

#9 Post by Kayla »

The ortho wanted to do surgery to correct the bite more but I didn't want to opt for that. I don't have the finances for it. As for my bite feel, it's fine. My teeth fall together on both side with no gaps. I think my teeth may have been alittle off in the pic because my TMJ was acting up.

Thanks for the compliments all...

pokergirl

#10 Post by pokergirl »

Wow, what a difference 13 months make. You look great!

Orth-ohno!

#11 Post by Orth-ohno! »

Congrats- you look wonderful! :D

momof2grlz

#12 Post by momof2grlz »

What a beautiful smile! Congratulations. I'm like you and will be left with some amount of overjet when treatment is finished because I didn't want surgery. If my smile is as gorgeous as yours, I'll be one happy lady!

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

Flora2006

#13 Post by Flora2006 »

Your teeth are beautiful!!!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Chris

#14 Post by Chris »

I'll put my two cents in too...the change is incredible on your appearance!
Congratulations! So happy for you.

P.S. Noticed that you have permanent UPPER retainer..how is that working out for you? I've only seen permanent LOWER retainers on people.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

bajanrose

#15 Post by bajanrose »

Very nice :) Your old problem looks similar to mine, hope my smile turns out as beautiful when I'm done.
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!