Just got braces. Did I pay too much?

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

susanss

Just got braces. Did I pay too much?

#1 Post by susanss »

Just got quoted $8000 for i braces in San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles area by Dr. Strassner. Is that a fair price?

mun

#2 Post by mun »

I think it is. Although it depends on your treatment time and complexity of your case, it sounds reasonable. i am paying $9400, and i am in Las Vegas. You'd think it'd be cheaper in Las Vegas. :?

RobS

#3 Post by RobS »

I thought what happened in Vegas, stayed in Vegas?

I paid between the two prices quote in Atlanta.

ladylee

#4 Post by ladylee »

Mine in Michigan were $5,600.00 and I thought that was high.

mun

#5 Post by mun »

ladylee, is that for lingual braces or regular braces? never heard linguals being that inexpensive. :o

katia2298

#6 Post by katia2298 »

That's what I paid. I have actually heard of people paying more. Good Luck!

bbsadmin

#7 Post by bbsadmin »

The average price nation-wide is between $5,000-$6,000 for a two-year treatment with regular metal braces.

But remember it depends on your case, the type of treatment you are getting, the type of brackets being used, etc. Some major metropolitan areas tend to be higher in price than rural areas. Maybe it has to do with the higher cost of operating a practice in a big city (higher overhead). Other types of brackets also cost more.

You said you were going to get iBraces. These are individually made for you, they are not "off the shelf." That is probably a big part of the extra cost. Also, bear in mind that docs need special training from the iBraces people to treat patients properly with that product. So that is probably also rolled into the extra cost.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

ladylee

#8 Post by ladylee »

Mine are regular braces. I have damon brackets on about half my teeth and bands on the rest because of porceline caps and brackets that kept popping. :D

ladylee

#9 Post by ladylee »

You know, I was thinking that I may have confused some of you. I have regular braces, but I also have a lingual arch which is hooked across the top of my mouth to a molar on each side, kind of similiar to a TPA with no button and only a very slight bend. It's used for the same purpose, to act as an anchor. :)

p.maxwell

#10 Post by p.maxwell »

susanss, i got my braces in Encino 9 months ago, and I paid a little over $7,500, so what you got quoted is about right.

Monroeski

#11 Post by Monroeski »

I got quoted about $9,000 for linguals here in Plano.

mhoward

#12 Post by mhoward »

I paid $5000 in St. Louis. I get them off next month for a total of 11 months

EmmaDee

Prices in San Francisco

#13 Post by EmmaDee »

Let me say THANK YOU to all of You. This is my first post, and without this place I'd have metal braces on now :lol: ... Instead I'm getting iBraces soon.
My dentist recommended an ortho in SF and I almost dropped when quoted $11,8K for a 2 year iBraces treatment (small bite problem, one tooth turned sideways, in the back, and gaps in front), so kept looking and found wonderful Dr. Michel van Bergen (same building as the other doctor, 2 flights up... so thought the prices will be, too...). He is a premier provider, with lots of experience, answered all my questions, introduced current patients, was simply great and quoted an unbelievable $7,7K (including everything, for upper and lower linguals) and the payments are flexible and they already scheduled me for tomorrow for x-rays and molds :)

Miss Smiley

#14 Post by Miss Smiley »

Now I wish I had gone up north to look for better iBraces prices. I got stuck with ceramics.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix