7 days in - is this normal???

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bradyfan

7 days in - is this normal???

#1 Post by bradyfan »

So I'm on my 7th day of upper and lower iBraces. It's been OK so far. My tongue isn't as hacked up as I expected it would be. My teeth are still tender and I'm still eating soft foods. I'm definitely lisping quite a bit. What's bothering me the most right now, however, is my gums. The lower inside of my gums are sooo irritated. They feel like they've been torched! The area of irritation is not directly underneath the brackets, but a little lower, so I'm not sure how this happened. Maybe my whole mouth is in shock and this is just one of the reactions? I've been rinsing with Peroxyl 3 times a day, and this stings a lot on the irritated area, but I hope it's a good, healing sting. I haven't read about a problem like this on this board, has anyone dealt with it?

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Mmmmm....can't help you out here. Hope it settles down soon.

BlahBlah

#3 Post by BlahBlah »

WOOOOHOOOO Happy 1 weekkkkkkkkkk anniversaryyyyy... heeheheheheh

bradyfan

#4 Post by bradyfan »

Thanks BlahBlah, only 51 more weeks to go. When do you guys finish your treatment?

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

Thanks BlahBlah, only 51 more weeks to go. When do you guys finish your treatment?
A few more months for me, not sure exactly.

51 weeks is a relatively short spell. You'll notice the time flying.

BlahBlah

#6 Post by BlahBlah »

What!!! Your treatment time is only 1 year? You're joking,.,..

I still have like 1 year and 4 months to go... heheheh

bradyfan

#7 Post by bradyfan »

Yup, at least that's what they told me. I had braces when I was young, about 12, and my teeth stayed very straight but my bottom jaw grew too much and my top jaw did not grow quite enough. I dreaded consulting an orth for so long because I thought my only option would be surgery. My ortho said he can expand/narrow the arches enough with teeth movement and it should only take about 12 months. I hope he's right!