Absolutely terrified!!!!

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ibraceface

Absolutely terrified!!!!

#1 Post by ibraceface »

Ill give you the reader's digest version...

I needed/need 4 extractions and 1 impacted canine exposed.

I had three teeth already extracted along with my canine exposure surgery in September. they wanted to wait and see if my impacted canine would come down (and not fused) before pulling my 4th tooth.

I was asleep for that surgery- no biggie!

Well- now the time has come. My impacted canine is def. moving! I can see half the tooth poking through the roof of my mouth!!! (woohoo!)

Butt..... that means i need my fourth tooth pulled- and its happening Monday. And to make matters worse--- ill be AWAKE for this procedure!!

The thought of the oral surgeon ripping my adult bicuspid out with pliers while being awake terrifies me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill have plenty of numbing shots and laughing gas.... and a great boyfriend to hold my hand--- but.... please reassure me this is nothing to worry about!!!!!

A part of me is sooo excited because its my last oral surgery and one step closer to my perfect smile.... but at the same time.... its scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

OK, deep breathing now, in and out slowly....

Great news that the impacted canine is moving.

Last year I had a lower wisdom tooth pulled under local. I had two needles, dentist asked if I could feel anything, no, so off he went and pulled it. I think the actual tooth pulling bit took less than 10 seconds. I went back to work, felt fine and didn't need painkillers.

Before I had it done, I was as terrified as you are! But it really isn't something to worry about.

ibraceface

#3 Post by ibraceface »

Thanks lionfish!!! That makes me feel so much better!!

I'll keep yall posted! :)

newguy

#4 Post by newguy »

i had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled this month while i was awake under nitrous and local. i wanted to do this before getting braced and afterwards felt very little discomfort. it went SO MUCH better than i imagined. from what i've heard and read on this site, pulling a non-wisdom tooth such as a bicuspid is nothing to stress or worry about.

teeth cleaning and scaling, now that's scary!

BlahBlah

#5 Post by BlahBlah »

Im getting a baby tooth extracted in about a months time.. wooo!!! Scary!!!!