Wondering if....

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lionfish

#16 Post by lionfish »

Hi antsika, 4 hours sounds like a long time, but I think this is probably because you had both arches done at the same time and linguals can take longer to fit. I was in the chair for 1.5 hours to do my uppers alone.

It will all feel strange for a while, but you will get used to it. Use wax and warm salt water rinses as you need to while you adjust.

Practice speaking wherever and whenever you can.

Take care.

antsika

#17 Post by antsika »

Thank you very much lionfish!

amber

#18 Post by amber »

It took about 3 hours to fit my uppers and lowers, but my case is not as complex as yours. After a week and a half my speech is pretty much back to normal. Look for The Rainbow Passage on line and read it over and over again - it really helped me. Your tongue will adapt. I found it easier to speak without wax than with it, and only used wax for a few days.
Things will get better!
I didn't use salt water washes, I used peroxyl mouthwash instead (4x a day), and managed to avoid any ulcerated areas at all. I highly recommend it if you have it available.

antsika

#19 Post by antsika »

Thank you amber for your advices! I have found The Rainbow Passage! I hope it will help for my hungarian as well :)