Fellow lingual patients, question for ya.

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dt33

Fellow lingual patients, question for ya.

#1 Post by dt33 »

I've had linguals on for 3 months now. Everything is going well, but I had 4 extractions and it is definitely going to take some time to close the spaces. Does anyone know if there is something that the ortho can bond onto your teeth to cover up the spaces, so they aren't as noticeable when I smile?

lionfish

Re: Fellow lingual patients, question for ya.

#2 Post by lionfish »

dt33 wrote:I've had linguals on for 3 months now. Everything is going well, but I had 4 extractions and it is definitely going to take some time to close the spaces. Does anyone know if there is something that the ortho can bond onto your teeth to cover up the spaces, so they aren't as noticeable when I smile?
Hi dt33,

I've heard some people mention a thing called a "flipper" which is like a false tooth. I suggest you ask your ortho about it.

LondonLingual

#3 Post by LondonLingual »

Hey dt33,

I am having extractions too and my ortho asked me to keep the extracted teeth as she can place them back in the holes to cover the gap and then as the gap closes she will file the teeth down smaller and smaller until there is no need for them anymore. I think this is what she means. I will ask next time I see her to be sure as my extractions aren't due for a month yet.

London lad... Linguals (http://www.ormco.com/products/promotions/PDF/stb.pdf) on top and ceramics (http://www.gacmystique.com/) on bottom! UPDATE: now have ceramics on top too after gave up on linguals 18 months in!!!

meep

lingual gaps

#4 Post by meep »

Hi dt,

I was just doing a search for the exact same problem. I have linguals and just had two teeth pulled, and I'm having a really difficult time with it. I'm doing everything I can not to open my mouth. Did your ortho ever find a solution?? I'm going back on Thursday thank goodness so hopefully my dr can help me then.

Thanks!

antsika

#5 Post by antsika »

Hi meep, I had also extractions and my ortho have built fake teeth in the spaces from filling material which are sticked to the tooth next to the hole. At every visit the ortho makes it smaller so the teeth can move.
I just have to be very careful with eating as it is not very strong but I didn't have problems with them yet.

Upper and lower Evolution linguals
B-day: 30. 06. 2006
Treatment time app. 2 years