After Linguals

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Angel4Life

After Linguals

#1 Post by Angel4Life »

Hey..again, i was wondering hows your life when you gotten your linguals off? Were your teeth straighter than you thought, did it take as long as you thought it would be? Did you need a retainer?Also what kind of braces did you use for example iBraces or LingualCare.. Please share your experiance with me!

amber

#2 Post by amber »

I have only just had my linguals (ibraces) fitted, but since nobody else has responded I will.
Linguals braces don't hide your teeth so you get to see the change as it happens and there are no big surprises when the braces come off. It is normal to wear a retainer after having braces, no matter what type you have. If you have braces when you are younger you probably don't need to wear retainers indefinitely, but most adults do. The type of retainer will likely vary according to the orthodontists preferences and the specifics of your orthodontic treatment/problem. I have been told I will have permanent fixed upper and lower retainers, and will need to wear an essix type retainer at night.