Hello I am new...lingual braces and micro implants?

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cecilia_101

Hello I am new...lingual braces and micro implants?

#1 Post by cecilia_101 »

Hello everyone! :computer:
My name is Cecilia and I am new to the forum...I have found lots of useful information on this site, it's great!
I have had lingual braces for the last 2 months and I have to say they are not as bad as I had thought...the first three weeks very a bit tough, not so much for the pain, but for the way I was speaking!! I had this strange lisp in my speech and I didn't even tell some of my friends that I had braces so I am sure they were wondering what was going on!
Today I am putting a microimplant in my lower jaw to close the gap of my lower left molar... has anyone done this?
Sounds a bit scary and I haven't been able to find any information anywhere about this, which is strange because I found lots about lingual!
I will post some photos when I have a minute... :HugeGrin:

Cecilia :D

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Hi cecilia, and welcome.

I told no-one I was getting braces and most people are unaware that I have them. One vigilant friend spotted my lower ceramics and another detected something "different", but couldn't quite pick it.

I don't know anything about micro implants. I think another board member (Clo) may be considering implants.

cecilia_101

#3 Post by cecilia_101 »

Hi Lionfish

thanks for that...will look at the threads to see if I can find anything on microimplants! 8)

Cecilia

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

I have microimplants and have sent you a PM with the link to my blog.