What problems are people treating with linguals?

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hannahwebbo

What problems are people treating with linguals?

#1 Post by hannahwebbo »

HI guys im a newbie who hasnt even had my first appointment with the ortho yet (waiting for it to be scheduled). My dentist had down on my file that i had a class II overbite and class II overjet.

I think i would really prefer to have lingual braces than the normal braces on my uppers as im embarrassed about my mouth as it is :oops: , you cant really see my lowers so i would consider having ceramics on those

I was wondering if any one has got similar issues to me and has been able to have lingual braces to fix these.

xx

amber

#2 Post by amber »

I have an overjet and cross bite - a result of my orthodontist treating my top and bittom jaws as separate entities: invisalign to treat crowding on the top and ceramics to treat a gap on the bottom. I'm 1 year into my lingual treatment and am seeing good progress. I have linguals on top and the bottom, and love them! I found them easy to adapt to. Good luck!

p.maxwell

#3 Post by p.maxwell »

I had an open bite malocclusion (i think it was a class II) as a result of tongue thrust. Luckily, I didn't have to have any teeth removed.