Underbite and ibraces

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MzChiChi719

Underbite and ibraces

#1 Post by MzChiChi719 »

Hey guys...I'm new to the board.

Is anyone here on ibraces who has an underbite? I have one and I'm wondering how long it will be to get fixed. I've had ibraces for almost a week now. They have shifted and right now my top and bottom teeth are exactly aligned so that naturally they touch each other when i bite down. I can eat only if i stick my bottom teeth out so that my back teeth can make contact to chew. This is really annoying and unnatural. I have rubber bands in right now, but my teeth point inward, and i think that's the reason they're still like this. If they were at the right angle, i think that my bite would be normal. Anyway, any feedback would be great!

lionfish

Re: Underbite and ibraces

#2 Post by lionfish »

Hi MzCC and welcome.

I had a mild underbite (end to end contact of front teeth). I've got lingual uppers (don't know what brand) and ceramic/metal lowers.

I'm 20 months into treatment and my bite is now a Class 1, with just a few little details to tweak before I finish up - hopefully before Christmas.

BlahBlah

#3 Post by BlahBlah »

Don't know luvie but good luck anyway !! 8)

bradyfan

#4 Post by bradyfan »

Hi there, and welcome. I also have an underbite. It sounds a bit like Lionfish's underbite - I could just barely make contact with my top and bottom front teeth when I first started. Apparently my bottom arch is slightly overdeveloped and top arch is slightly underdeveloped. It's been about 5 months now and things have already drastically improved. My bottom front teeth are now behind the top front. My molars don't quite line up as nicely but we're working on that now. I had a lot of trouble biting into things the first month or so because my ortho was shifting those front teeth. But now things are much better and I eat pretty much anything without concern. So, hang in there as things will improve!