clear, sapphire or ceramic, what is best?

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Victory

clear, sapphire or ceramic, what is best?

#1 Post by Victory »

I have a slight overbite, but relatively traight teeth, as I wore braces for 2 years as a teenager...
my bite isn't perfect, and I am scared I will be persuaded to go with metal.

I CANNOT deal with any silver or metal on my smile at age 34, especially when I don't have a major problem.

I do want a better smile, and I am worried about my bite possibly getting worse as I age, I haven't had TMJ, but I don't want it,

Iam scared I won't be a candiate for orthoclear or invisalign, but at least I hope I can get the ceramic or something clear.

My bottom teeth can be metal, I don't mind, but really, my bottom teeth are pretty straight...
can invisalign work with helping my bite?

HAs anyone had invisalign, then had to go back and do traditional braces because it didn't work?
That would really be a drag!
but, my decision is made, after a few years of debate I am gonna do it.

chrisd

#2 Post by chrisd »

victory, first invisalign does work well for lots of people, unfortunatally there is a pretty large number of invisalign patients who end up with traditional braces myself included.

invisalign is good at closing gaps and correcting relitivally minor crowding issues, but because it acts on the upper and lower arches individually, it is not great for correcting bite issues, and in some cases can actually make a bite worse (like mine :( )

only an orthodontist can tell if your issues could be corrected with invisalign. i would see a couple different orthos who offer invisalign, let them evaluate you and then ask if you are a candidate for invisalign/orthoclear.

i wish i had gone with the ceramics that i now have from the get go, they are really not too bad. you can check out my story (www below) for pics etc.
hope this helps
chris
http://community.webshots.com/user/cruelcanbekind
3m clarity on top changed to supertorque metal
3m victory metals bottom
estimated treatment time 16-20 months

Victory

sapphire inspire for me

#3 Post by Victory »

I went to my appointment and was told that the whole thing will take 10-12 months only
my teeth aren't so bad, so the total is about $3900

These braces are so clear, just a tiny thin silver band... more clear than those ceramic ones.

Does anyone have this kind?

missing_tooth

#4 Post by missing_tooth »

CANNOT deal with any silver or metal on my smile at age 34, especially when I don't have a major problem
Then there are those of us that request metal. :)

- Missing Tooth -

chelsea28

#5 Post by chelsea28 »

... These braces are so clear, just a tiny thin silver band... more clear than those ceramic ones.

Does anyone have this kind?
does anyone?!
Im looking for extremely clear braces.
Victory if you could please help me in this, I live in Vancouver BC and would do ANYTHING for the clearest of braces possible!
thanks alot

LondonLingual

Mystique Brackets

#6 Post by LondonLingual »

Hey,

Check out 'Mystique' clear braces as another option...

http://www.gacmystique.com/

I have these on my lowers and they blend in very very well with my teeth. I think they are quite big and bulky though compared to some metal braces I have seen but from a distance, and with the white wires in, they are invisable!

Hope this is useful :)

London lad... Linguals (http://www.ormco.com/products/promotions/PDF/stb.pdf) on top and ceramics (http://www.gacmystique.com/) on bottom! UPDATE: now have ceramics on top too after gave up on linguals 18 months in!!!