I had my appointment ...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Clo

#16 Post by Clo »

I wrote this very long mail to my ortho explaining how disappointed I am. I remained
very friendly, but clearly stated that I am not satisfied with this passive way of treating
me. I hope I didn't burn my bridges.

@ science teacher : what a nice offer you made. For various reasons I considered
moving to the US. Never to return back to Belgium. But there are also reasons why
I can't do this :cry: ...

smile2006

#17 Post by smile2006 »

Clo-

I'm not an expert but would tend to agree that your bite is fixable. As I said in a previous post in this thread, it might take double jaw surgery. The picture by your screen name (in your posts) look like my bite only mine was open a bit more. If you want to come to the US, I could put you in touch with my ortho and surgeon and maybe they could do a repeat performance!!!! Hey, I also get some money back if I refer someone to my ortho. Maybe I would get some extra cash back if I referred someone internationally (from Belgium!!!!!) :D

I do wish you luck. keep your chin up, it's fixable, I'm sure!!!!!

Clo

#18 Post by Clo »

@smile2006 : that picture there (avatar) shows my teeth some weeks after the braces
were placed. Not long after that, my bite opened more, even a lot more. When it was at
its worst, I could measure an opening of 6 mm. My second ortho shaved off quite some
amount of my molars. It closed the bite some, but even now, after all attempts using
all kind of elastic configurations, my bite is still much more open than on the pic. Our issues
seem indeed to be very much alike. If only I could have this "Cadillac" of jaw surgeries
like you had ...

smile2006

#19 Post by smile2006 »

Clo-

Out of curiousity, have any of the surgeons or orthos you have seen mentioned upper jaw surgery?

Clo

#20 Post by Clo »

Hi,

thanks for sticking around. I really appreciate this.

No, they did not mention upper jaw surgery. But when Dr. S (Rickysa) here saw
my pics, he immediately did.

I wrote a very long mail to my ortho. I think she must have been wondering
what a "tough customer" she has now in her shop. Anyway, the discussion seems to
be opened. She mailed me back that what I want she will not refuse, but that I have
to know it will involve jaw surgery. I mailed her back saying lots of things. I hope this
will lead somewhere somehow to a final and good plan to finally get all my issues
sorted out.

I have been thinking several times that I never saw a pic of your bite. As our cases
seem to be so alike, it would really interest me to see how your bite was and how it
looks now. Is this possible ?

smile2006

#21 Post by smile2006 »

Hi Again-

Something I regret in all this is not taking pictures like so many do. My surgeon has my "pre" pictures and will not do final photos until my braces are off. I might try to get a couple of the "pre" pictures and then do a couple on my own right now. My teeth aren't perfect yet but the bite is definately down. I probably still have until May or June with braces. I went to two consults before beginning all this. Both orthos said I was a surgery case immediately (without x-rays or anything, just looking at my bite). My first appointment with the surgeon we said upper with palate widening for sure. When it came down to taking the final molds and all the crazy measurements they do before surgery it was evident I would need upper and lower for the best correction. So it doesn't surprise me your case would take both too. I'll see what I can do about photos. After all your have been through if surgery was the option I'd just go for it! Also I think your orthos stratedy of speech theraphy right now is a little strange.

smile2006

#22 Post by smile2006 »

Hi Again-

Something I regret in all this is not taking pictures like so many do. My surgeon has my "pre" pictures and will not do final photos until my braces are off. I might try to get a couple of the "pre" pictures and then do a couple on my own right now. My teeth aren't perfect yet but the bite is definately down. I probably still have until May or June with braces. I went to two consults before beginning all this. Both orthos said I was a surgery case immediately (without x-rays or anything, just looking at my bite). My first appointment with the surgeon we said upper with palate widening for sure. When it came down to taking the final molds and all the crazy measurements they do before surgery it was evident I would need upper and lower for the best correction. So it doesn't surprise me your case would take both too. I'll see what I can do about photos. After all your have been through if surgery was the option I'd just go for it! Also I think your orthos stratedy of speech theraphy right now is a little strange.

Clo

#23 Post by Clo »

Oh thank you,

that would be lovely, to see your pics. If you don't like putting them in public,
you can always pm them to me. I think it would give me extra information and help
"in my battle to get a good treatment".

Merry Christmas !

Lisa65

#24 Post by Lisa65 »

Clo - I am so sorry that it's come to this. If moving to the UK is an option for you, I would recommend my ortho in a heartbeat. At least it would be closer than the US!
Please keep us posted on what happens.

Sending you big hugs

Lisa xxxxx

Clo

#25 Post by Clo »

Oh, many thanks for these nice words.
It sounds to me that no.3 is reluctant to touch the messes of no.1 & 2 though.
Yes, that is exactly what I think too. Although I never said anything that contains
even the smallest indication of me trying to sue someone. I just want a good
treatment and full correction of all issues.

Now, this thread is some weeks old. Since then I mailed some more to my ortho.
Now she maybe will continue treatment, but she tells me clearly that she thinks this
is not a good idea. She will make me sign a paper beforehand that tells that I know
that the final result will not be stable. Oh yes, let's make things even more
complicated !

Clo

#26 Post by Clo »

Next week, Friday, I'll have an appointment with an oral surgeon and my ortho.
There and then will be decided what will or can be done. I really really hope this
wil not be another disappointment.