Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Flora2006

Re: Lig colours (colors)

#61 Post by Flora2006 »

Meryaten wrote:Image

Well, the very pretty hot pink ligs pictured above went a nasty shade of drab peach after a few curries :crazy: I spared you all a pic of that though ;)
Are these ligs after the staining? Because I actually like them!!!
I love the shape of your teeth, by the way!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Flora2006

#62 Post by Flora2006 »

Meryaten, it stained that bad? I want to try colors but I am so scared!! Seeing all these posts with different lig colors really make me want to be brave and tell my ortho to put color but I am scared I will look even younger!! lol

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Dulcinea

#63 Post by Dulcinea »

The pic below illustrates my favorite way to wear two colors. It is hard to tell but I had burgundy and hunter green. My favorite is red and black.

Right now I am all kelly green for St. Patty's day. Shall take a pic and post when I get home.

hannah164

#64 Post by hannah164 »

That looks pretty cool Dulcinea! Would love to see the green ligs for Saint Patricks! :)

~Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment was 2/1/06 where they bonded a bracket to my cuspid, which was impacted!!!! OUCH!
Next Adjustment: February 28, 2006

noppi

#65 Post by noppi »

I just had an appt and I got green ligs too! =) YAY! And my birthday is on St Patrick's day too. :lol:
11/11/05~8 Spacers
11/21/05~Spacers off, 8 metal bands
01/13/06~Braces
04/13/06~4 extract
04/18/06~1st adjust after extract

bajanrose

Re: Lig colours (colors)

#66 Post by bajanrose »

Meryaten wrote:Image

Well, the very pretty hot pink ligs pictured above went a nasty shade of drab peach after a few curries :crazy: I spared you all a pic of that though ;)

I'm in black and dark green now - pic to follow later...
I really love the hot pink, I'm considering either getting that or maybe a mixture of blue when I finally get braced.
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!

Dulcinea

#67 Post by Dulcinea »

Here are my green ligs - good progress comparison pic too!

OneTime

#68 Post by OneTime »

I have teal upper and clear bottom, pics to follow...

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

Lyn

#69 Post by Lyn »

I don't have the nerve to try colors.......YET! Sticking with the boring clear on Ceramics [tops] and grey on metal [bottoms]. Since I have another year to go, I'll probably be daring and try colors.....eventually! hahaha
sorry this is so dark...still experimenting with camera. 8)
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

Kell

#70 Post by Kell »

I have silver on my lower teeth, boring I know but I really like them :) On the top ceramics I have wire ties. I love, love, love them. I can't really do colors because they want wire ties on the springs I have so they will only do colors on some of the teeth and it messes up the look :)

I've got the wire ends pushed back now so they don't show any more like they do in this picture.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

alexa

#71 Post by alexa »

Got light green today for St. Patrick's Day. Not too bad...but if your teeth have staining (such as mine do...) it does make them look a little dingy...

Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

missing_tooth

#72 Post by missing_tooth »

can't really do colors because they want wire ties on the springs
My ortho told me they could put colors over top of the wire ties.

- Missing Tooth -

Dadio

#73 Post by Dadio »

Here are my metallic emeralds I got for St. Pats yesterday! And some new 'spiffy' coil springs to add that little bit of bling. I had copper the first month, then silver, and I wanted something different this time. Y'all be good now!!

Kell

#74 Post by Kell »

missing_tooth wrote:
can't really do colors because they want wire ties on the springs
My ortho told me they could put colors over top of the wire ties.
My ortho's office is very stingy with the color ligs. They don't even put them on the side and back teeth. They will just put them on the front six-eight and that's all. :roll: I didn't specifically ask them to put colors over the wire ties and they might do it but they wouldn't like it. :D
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

SkyWolf

#75 Post by SkyWolf »

I just had an adjustment today and my ortho did a wire tie on one of my teeth, but the assistant easily fitted a lig around that tooth. You can't even tell I have a wire tie. I'm sure if you requested them they could give them to you as well.