Dull-Looking Teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sheree

Dull-Looking Teeth

#1 Post by Sheree »

I just got my top braces (metal) on today. My teeth look as if there is a film on them..they look dull, not shiny like before. The bottom teeth (braced since February) don't look likethat. What is this and will it go away? I called the ortho and left a message as the office was closed.

ebruce25

#2 Post by ebruce25 »

Probably just excess cement. It ain't coming off until debonding lol. Welcome to the world of braces. Two months for me.

Sheree

#3 Post by Sheree »

It's definitely not plaque. The film was not there prior to getting the braces on yesterday. And it so happens the tech that was working on me told me I had awesome teeth! She said they were so white and clean! Now they look filmy! I don't like that at all!!! I really feel like the Ugly Duckling right now. :(