Real food

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

carzfrm60s

Real food

#1 Post by carzfrm60s »

I'm starting my 4th week and this weekend I actually ate a hamburger with out cutting it up.Funny how simple things can make you feel good! Not in any real pain it just feels funny biting down on certain foods.

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

I know the feeling. When I stopped cutting up and started biting into toast and pizza, I felt like popping champagne. Pathetic, I am. :oops:

CLAmom

#3 Post by CLAmom »

I'm biting into a chocolate truffle right now---mmmmmm....chocolate. :lol:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

eaglesoaring

#4 Post by eaglesoaring »

carzfrm60s-

Hi! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! I'm at exactly one month, today, and I, too, share the little joys of milestones! Glad you could eat your hamburger without cutting it up! Congrats! I still have to cut my food up, because my front, upper teeth were really "pushed in". Now, they're moving out, and because of the movement, they still feel a little too 'squishy' to take a bite of food.

Glad to hear you've regained your ability to eat regularly!!
eagle

Raspberry

#5 Post by Raspberry »

Wow, you guys are doing good.
I'm at 5 months and I still won't bite into burgers, sandwiches, etc...

I guess I just don't like the feeling. :lol:

Betty Bat

#6 Post by Betty Bat »

Wow, I'm so jealous! The one thing I really want is to be able to bite into a hamburger. Yesterday, we had hamburgers (cook-out for the Fourth of July), but I made my own buns so they were a little chewier and more substantial than store-bought. So, I cut my burger up and I ate the bun separately.

I think I make pretty good bread and buns, but I may have to go to McDonald's and get a little hamburger on a squishy bun to satisfy my craving!

Congratulations to you!

ucldbmine

#7 Post by ucldbmine »

Silly be... I thought a McDonalds burger would be easy enough to eat so I bought one on the way home from having my braces put on!! Boy did I learn a lesson, bacon is NOT soft lol. For me the issue hasn't really been the ability or inability to bite into something it's whether or not I want goop stuck in my front braces like they are stuck in the back. Bread is the worst for me so I NEVER bite into it but rather pull it apart and place it on my back teeth.

(my kids find me eating spaghetti amusing because I constantly have to "floss" the spagetti out of my back brackets laugh now kiddo this will be you in a couple years lol)

pk_girl

#8 Post by pk_girl »

My mum used to take me to Hungry Jacks (Australias version of Burger King) after a visit to the dentist, now it hurts to even think about having food after being to the orthos. I remember that I had to cut up pizza for the first 2 weeks of having braces. When I first got my braces on, I immediately had a chicken burger before the priorly warned pain started, BAD idea, this made it hurt more when the pain started.