Whistle

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

missing_tooth

Whistle

#1 Post by missing_tooth »

I know a few of us here sometimes make a whistle sound when we say certain letters. I had learned how not to talk and make this whistle. Then I got to thinking, can I try and do it intentionally? A resounding yes is the answer. I'm able to produce a almost inaudible high pitch noise that drives people crazy. Anyone else?

- Missing Tooth -

JoeMama

#2 Post by JoeMama »

No - not me - but that's pretty funny missing_tooth!! :D Have you done it around animals? How do they react?
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

missing_tooth

#3 Post by missing_tooth »

I haven't been doing this long. But, a dog looks around and looks bewildered. A bird appeared very alert and shorly after left her 3 chicks and flew off. They are under my porch, I'm surprised by that one. Another person said it makes their headache worse, and I know I did it a lot at first and about gave myself a headache. Very cool though

- Missing Tooth -

Kimber

#4 Post by Kimber »

That's great! :lol: Maybe we should put together a list of silly tricks to do with your braces...
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!

Metal smile

#5 Post by Metal smile »

I have this whistle sound too and I cant get it to stop! please tell me how to stop it?? I feel awkward

jenfire

#6 Post by jenfire »

hmm, I don't whistle, but I do lisp on certain words/sounds...this expander was very difficult to get used to!

JumpTheDitch

#7 Post by JumpTheDitch »

I'm able to produce a almost inaudible high pitch noise that drives people crazy. Anyone else?
Yup.
I haven't been doing this long. But, a dog looks around and looks bewildered. A bird appeared very alert and shorly after left her 3 chicks and flew off. They are under my porch, I'm surprised by that one. Another person said it makes their headache worse, and I know I did it a lot at first and about gave myself a headache. Very cool though
Lol, I haven't tried this yet to be honest but must look into it. I tend to make the high pitched whistle intentionally when I'm at work and concentrating on something. So far I've noticed it before anyone else has but no complaints re exacerbated headaches yet! Hmm, something to watch for there; oh the power! :P

ucldbmine

#8 Post by ucldbmine »

Well I tried to do the whistle you are talking about and sad to say it didn't work. I can't whistle the real way anymore either :shock: (which wasn't fun yesterday when my dog got out and is trained to return to a whistle lol)