Do your teeth like to move at a certain time of the day?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braced4asmile

Do your teeth like to move at a certain time of the day?

#1 Post by braced4asmile »

Just wondering if anyone's noticed a certain time of the day of more activity of loosening or shifting of teeth. I wake up a couple times during the night and notice tugging of my teeth. The next morning, I can tell there's been something giong on and I wasn't dreaming!

Most times of the day I forget I have them on and don't pay attention to any changes. If you can feel movement, what part of the day do you notice it?

stephy79

#2 Post by stephy79 »

I think my teeth have been moving more at night when I'm sleeping. When I wake up in the morning I go to the mirror and check my teeth first thing. They usually look and feel like they moved a little during the night.

Stephanie

fitchick

#3 Post by fitchick »

I can feel pressure on my lower braced teeth during the evenings and always first thing in the morning. I wondered whether the same amount of pressure was felt at other times of the day, but that I'd just been too busy to notice. Hope it helps.

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mandaluv

#4 Post by mandaluv »

yeah, i've noticed that i get that achy, burning sensation in the roots of my teeth in the evenings. it usually comes in spurts, where i will feel it ALOT for a few days, then i don't feel them at all for a few days. does anyone know why this happens?
[/url]

mandaluv

#5 Post by mandaluv »

also, i don't see noticable results over night like the person above does. my teeth are moving VERY ssslllooowwwlllyyy.
[/url]

Way Too Old For This

#6 Post by Way Too Old For This »

I was thinking maybe my teeth feel llike they move more at night because when I'm relaxed I'm not putting any counter pressure on them like I might do in the day....like when I'm eating. But then again I think I clench my teeth when I am sleeping. But lots of mornings, they do feel like they had moved during the night .
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

ingyandbert

#7 Post by ingyandbert »

I think some of that sensation is caused by the fact that when asleep you keep your head in a particular position for a long time. If you sleep with your head to the side or lie on your stomach, the pressure caused by the weight of your head resting on the brackets & wires can make your mouth feel weird when you first wake up. Plus, as someone else said, it's very possible that you're clenching your teeth in your sleep. I never really did that before, but after I got braces I've noticed it.

calypsojunky

night

#8 Post by calypsojunky »

I've become so aware of my braces that in the middle of the night, when I wake up just slightly to toss around in my sleep, I bite down to see how it feels, and usually it seems like it's that time that my teeth feel the most aligned.
Could just be my imagination though.

sjsarre

#9 Post by sjsarre »

I've noticed my teeth wake me up sometimes. Also in the morning when I first wake up they often feel sore.

But, I think its got something to do with the fact that you aren't being occupied by other things like working during the day etc so you do forget about the soreness in your teeth. Its only at night when your body is relaxed that the pain is probably more apparent.

I've also noticed that I started to clench and grind my teeth at night.. This I am going to check out with my Ortho on Friday.. It might be that its because my bite is different and i'm not used to it!

pk_girl

#10 Post by pk_girl »

For me, it is the night also, but it also pulls more when i change my elastics. My teeth are moving moderately, not fast, but not snail pace either.