ligatures and tie wires

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mandaluv

ligatures and tie wires

#1 Post by mandaluv »

Does anyone know why tie wires are used sometimes instead of ligatures?

Thanks!
[/url]

mandaluv

#2 Post by mandaluv »

how do you know so much??? are you an ortho? if not, then maybe you should consider... :)
[/url]

Way Too Old For This

#3 Post by Way Too Old For This »

mandaluv, since the beginning of my treatment my ortho has always used a combination of tie wires and ligatures. On the stubborn teeth they always use the wires, then the assistant always puts a ligature on top of the tie wire (she tells me) just to make it more comfortable. I also ask them to put ligatures on the brackets on my molar bands to make the more comfortable and they always do.
Last edited by Way Too Old For This on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

Dark_angel

#4 Post by Dark_angel »

Meryaten, im just curious to what kind of surgery you had. Sorry if this was posted somewhere else.