avoiding the No No Foods

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mandaluv

#16 Post by mandaluv »

i've eaten almost everything on the no-no list. i'm not even careful, but maybe i naturally eat carefully or something. haha. the only problems i had was when i ate popcorn, it was harder than usual to get a sharp kernel shell out of under my gums, and when i chew gum, sometimes it sticks to the inside of my molar bands. nothing a toothbrush can't handle, though.
[/url]

Way Too Old For This

#17 Post by Way Too Old For This »

My ortho turned a blind eye to all the gummi bears, popcorn and fizzy drinks that were carried into the theatre when he treated all his patients to a showing of Harry Potter!
Wow, what a fun orthodontist!

I did remember one thing I am not willing to try. Those Jolly Rancher suckers that are green apple and caramel. Those feel like they will pull out molars. Actually I haven't tried any Jolly Rancher candies since I've had braces. I'll probably pass on those till after the braces come off.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

pk_girl

#18 Post by pk_girl »

I have had almost everything that I am not supposed to have. Except for apples, it is impossible to bite into an apple with these things on.