OMG - I actually did it!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LP

OMG - I actually did it!

#1 Post by LP »

So here I sit with a mouth full of metal. :tingrin:

After a life of my teeth hurting I actually got my braces today. It feels SO bizzare and I don't look too bad I guess. In fact, when I close my lips now it gives me that sexy, pouty lips thing. :lol: (I'll just keep them closed for the next two years) I'm surprised too at how small the Speed braces are.

They don't hurt yet, but I was told that would kick in by tonight? I go get some teeth pulled this afternoon. I convinced him to pull the 5's instead of the 4's :thumbsup:

All in all, not so bad thus far. But I'll see how things are after the extractions.

Wish me luck.

JeepGirl

#2 Post by JeepGirl »

:D Welcome! Congrats on your braces! I promise you that the worst part is in the beginning. This site is wonderful for support when you need it.

Good luck on your journey and keep us posted!
:-88

OneTime

#3 Post by OneTime »

Great to hear you committed to it.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

LP

#4 Post by LP »

The teeth are gone :thumbright:

One of them had a drastically "S" shaped root and my dentist thought I might need surgery to remove it, but he got it out. I'm still frozen (and drooling blood :pukeright: ) so I'm not sure if it will hurt later.

I like this frozen thing because one of my front teeth was just killing me this afternoon and it stops the brackets from hurting my cheek. :lol:

Now I can relax and not have to go back for two weeks.

jaxxie118

#5 Post by jaxxie118 »

Congrats on getting braced and getting the teeth pulling out of the way. The worst part is definitely the beginning. Pain meds and wax will be your best friends for a few days or so. Good luck, LP!! :wink:
Metal uppers & lowers + 1 tooth pulled
Estimated treatment time: 18 months

LP

#6 Post by LP »

OUCH!!!!!! My top front tooth is smashing SO hard into the bracket on my front lower tooth. I hit it so hard it's wiggly.

I guess I need to call in the morning and have the bracket moved or have my bite built up?

I'm sitting here catching flies cuz it hurts so bad when they touch. :cry: