New here but braces come off in 15 days! I am zig zagged.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BoringBrandon

New here but braces come off in 15 days! I am zig zagged.

#1 Post by BoringBrandon »

Just found this site tryin to figure out the purpous of the whole zigzagging rubberbands in my mouth is. I am 19 and just finished my first year of college. But my summer job is waiting tables in which i talk to customers a lot. My shift is 6 hours I was wondering if it would be harmful if i didnt have the rubberbands on for that time as long as i had them on the majority of the day and night.
Thanks for any help and response.

Dark_angel

#2 Post by Dark_angel »

As you are just about to have your braces off it is very important that you wear your elastics as you have been told, i would suggest trying to learn to speak with them in.

I need to talk in my job and i often dont wear them when i work but i've still got along time left in braces, try to bear it for just a few more weeks.

BoringBrandon

#3 Post by BoringBrandon »

I appreciate the response, but what do they do, is it for some sorta over bite?
But saturday I have a date and i have already planned on taking off the bands from like 5 till i go to bed i hope that isnt very harmful seeing as i will have had them on untill that point.

Brandon

BoringBrandon

#4 Post by BoringBrandon »

Yeah some valid points, since i am soo close to the end, I'll tell you what tho, waking up in the morning is the most painful part of my day.

Sometimes while waking up ill yawn only being half awake and then my mouth will shut with much more force than i would i if i were awake. OUCH! is what that translates in to. Anycase i gotta eat brush and then put them back on.

brandon out