5 days braced and already lost my bite blockers

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jbjalways

5 days braced and already lost my bite blockers

#1 Post by jbjalways »

I woke up last night and one of them was just rolling around in my mouth. Then I brushed my teeth and the other one popped off.

So I had my first "emergency" appointment and it has only been 5 days since they are on. They put a new bite blocker that hopefully lasts longer, but I'm a teeth grinder so who knows.

I can tell my teeth already moved because when they were off the right side of my jaw didn't touch the other and both sides did Friday. Hope that's good news.

I can't wait till I don't need them anymore so I can EAT!!!!!

7/7/06 Damon 3's on top, Damon 2's on bottom
03/18/08 Naked

dev

#2 Post by dev »

the bite turbos?

jbjalways

Bite blocker

#3 Post by jbjalways »

I got new ones put on 7/12 and by the morning I lost another one, so had to went back today 7/13 to have another one put on.

Not sure the exact term, but it is a build up on one or two of my teeth so none of my teeth touch. I have a very deep bite and am in danger of biting off the bottom brackets.

I am stuck on a soft food diet till they come off, which could be months. Though I seem to be grinding my teeth when I sleep so we'll see what happens.

The good news is that I lost 4lbs this week. Yay!!!!

03/18/08 Naked

jbjalways

#4 Post by jbjalways »

Meryaten - Thanks for that good news. When they put them on again today they only put build up on one molar on the bottom, so I now have one side to work with. Hopefully I don't grind the new one off tonight. I didn't pick the closest ortho. lol

I am looking forward to the day I can eat pizza!

03/18/08 Naked

jbjalways

#5 Post by jbjalways »

The first time 7/7 they put one build up on two teeth one on each side on the bottom jaw only. I think tooth 5, not a molar.

On 7/12 they put one on top and one directly below it (one side). Still not the molar.

Today they moved back to put it on the molar where I might not grind it off so easily. One build up, one side, one molar.

They said let's see what that does. I am afraid I will grind that off as well tonight, we'll see.

03/18/08 Naked