monthly payment plan.SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mila j

#16 Post by mila j »

see my overbite is kinda like hers but i think a lil worse

[/url]
Last edited by mila j on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mila j

#17 Post by mila j »

:(

Leslie022

#18 Post by Leslie022 »

Why don't you try to get into the modelling world first. See if they have anything to say about your teeth. Remember, we're our own worst critic! An agent may not even see anything wrong with your teeth! Don't give up! Give it a try! :)
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Indy

#19 Post by Indy »

I think you should get a few consultations (if they are free) then you have the information on costs. You can always return to the ortho later once you have the money. Also, go and test the waters for modeling and see what/if any agents say anything about your teeth. If they don't, then there is no reason, except personal, to be so concerned about your teeth.

Another option is to look into Invisalign; those would be easy to wear and model in!! I guess be glad that you only have cosmetic reasons for braces!

Good luck :thumbsup:

missing_tooth

#20 Post by missing_tooth »

At least for a couple consults, my ortho gave me the option of 500 down and a couple hundred a month. Some of them are very flexable and willing to work with you.

You might want to try modeling anyway, most models arn't perfect. Computers do a lot these days.

- Missing Tooth -

mila j

#21 Post by mila j »

thanx guys.but i do need braces i have an overbite the dentist keeps saying its cosmetic,wich to me it isnt
but other than that they arnt crooked missing dirty broken or whatever
and not to mention when i was a kid the other kids made fun of me,including my brothers and sisters but now that im older people just talk about me behind my back and im tired of it i just want to correct it so i can be more confidant so people can stop ttalking about me and so i can be a model :oops:

Sheree

#22 Post by Sheree »

Question. How do you know people are actually talking about you behind your back? Are these your "friends", or strangers? If they're your friends, they're not really friends. I wonder if your poor self-image comes from what others think about you or what you truly believe to be so. Do YOU feel you're pretty? By the way, when I first saw your picture, I said to myself you look like you could be on TV. Then I read you're an aspiring model/actress. I applaud your dream. I too tried that when I was younger, but quickly became discouraged due to poor self-esteem.

Whatever you do, I suggest you do it to feel better about yourself, not because of what others think. Don't get so caught up in vanity. What matters most is your inner beauty, anyhow.

I would follow the advice you've been given and try to get into modeling first. You may be creating undue stress on yourself.

How about posting a pic of your smile?

mila j

#23 Post by mila j »

i dont see a difference between the overbite and overjet
which ever 1 it is i have it they both look the same to me
whats the difference between the two????

jaxxie118

#24 Post by jaxxie118 »

You usually have to make a rather large down-payment and then monthly payments. I don't know for sure though because mine were free. But I would definitely look into other orthodontists in your area and compare prices and payment plans. I wish you the best of luck in this. Let us know what happens. Take care hun. :wink:

EDIT: You should also probably look into dental schools or something like that because the prices are usually reduced greatly. Hope this helps.
Metal uppers & lowers + 1 tooth pulled
Estimated treatment time: 18 months

mila j

#25 Post by mila j »

MY TEETH LOOK LIKE THIS GIRLS RIGHT HERE.SO I HAVE AN OVERBITE

mila j

#26 Post by mila j »

yea i guess i have overjet then
every orthodontist i been to has said that its cosmetic and its up 2 me if i wanted braces or not