They've moved! (with Pics)********

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fitchick

They've moved! (with Pics)********

#1 Post by fitchick »

Hi Everyone,

I have finally, with some help, worked out how to post pics. (Thanks Lisa65). I have so far got a TPA and bite plane on the top and had my lowers braced. As my teeth have moved so quickly, I wanted to post the pics to share my news and to encourage those who are about to start. It's amazing. The progress really inspires me to keep going.

This is the pic taken the day before my metal braces were put on. The lower teeth were very higgeldy piggeldy. Image

This was 3 weeks on and you can see how quickly they have formed an arch Image

Thank you to those that replied to my earlier post re: Root Canal. I had it done this morning and as you all said the injection was the worst! I have to wait 6 months now until the top teeth can be braced. I have a 13mm overjet so I will be counting down the days until I can get those moving.

Thanks for all your support and encouragement. I am so glad that I have found this site. Good Luck to everyone.

Julie
Last edited by fitchick on Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

Glad my instructions worked Julie!

I am amazed at the speed those bottom teeth have moved in just 3 weeks. They look loads better.
I'm glad the root canal wasnt too bad and now you can start counting down to top brace-day!

Lisa

fitchick

#3 Post by fitchick »

Thanks Lisa. I was so busy looking in the mirror everyday to check if one of my gaps were closing, that it was only when took another photo that I noticed the shape of my lowers had changed. I'd never guess teeth moved that quick. And yes...... I am colouring in my chart month by month!

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Mar07 Upper Brace on

OneTime

#4 Post by OneTime »

That great so far.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

jaxxie118

#5 Post by jaxxie118 »

Wow, that's awesome progress!! :D
Metal uppers & lowers + 1 tooth pulled
Estimated treatment time: 18 months

JeepGirl

#6 Post by JeepGirl »

Looking good! :thumbsup:

LP

#7 Post by LP »

Wow - thanks for posting that. I'm on day 3 with my braces and those pics are really encouraging (mind you mine don't go all the way to the back until I go in again in two weeks - I suppose that's when my braces will actually start doing something)

fitchick

#8 Post by fitchick »

Thanks everyone, I was excited when I noticed too!

LP, yours will move in no time, I didn't think mine would. Good Luck for the next part of your brace.

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Mar07 Upper Brace on

T4raegirl

#9 Post by T4raegirl »

the bottoms seem to move faster...i have had my bottoms on less than my top and they are straighter
*~*Live to LOVE and LOVE to live*~*
CSULB Class of 2010! Go Beach!
BrEa OlInDa HiGh ScHoOl ClaSs Of 2006!

Top Metal Braces: October 20, 2005
Lower Metal Braces: January 2006

[/url]

hannah164

#10 Post by hannah164 »

Wow! That is some awesome movement! Congratulations! My bottoms also seem to have moved faster than my tops! :wink:

~HAnnah

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next adjustment: bonding a loose lower band

stephy79

#11 Post by stephy79 »

Wow! They're looking good!

Stephanie

jennandtonic

#12 Post by jennandtonic »

That's amazing, Julie! [I assume you don't mind being called by your 'real' name since you sign your posts with it. If not, sorry!] I love seeing drastic movement in short amounts of time--it's so validating to the whole braces process, isn't it?

nvcarissa

#13 Post by nvcarissa »

Really nice movement and I can really see the beginnings of a lovely arch. I know that I kept focusing on my teeth straightening, but it was pics of the changes to my arches that really got me excited!!

Congratulations on such rapid movement!

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

fitchick

#14 Post by fitchick »

Thank you to you all for your comments. I wonder why the bottoms move faster?..........Jennandtonic, of course I don't mind you using my name!

Good Luck to everyone for lots and lots of speedy movement and perfect arches!
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Mar07 Upper Brace on