How long did it take....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LP

How long did it take....

#1 Post by LP »

before the insides of your lips/cheeks stopped hurting? :Questions:

Got braced on Tuesday and all is going well (I'd give my left arm to be able to bite into something but I'm dealing with that), but ouch my lips. :soremouth: I don't wax the front during the day because I go to work and it looks funny & makes me talk funny. All I waxed today is the two pokey wires on the bottom and now I'm paying for it.

JeepGirl

#2 Post by JeepGirl »

I'd say it took me a few days. Salt water rinses work wonders! Hang in there! :wink:

It does get better- I promise!

LP

#3 Post by LP »

:crazy: I totally forgot about the salt water rinse. I guess I could read the stuff the ortho sent home with me. :lol:

LP

#4 Post by LP »

Silcone wax? Dang - I'm so new at all of this. I didn't know that existed.

Thanks for the tip.

paulosportz

#5 Post by paulosportz »

for me about 4-5 days

by then the brackets and wires hae made grooves in my mouth so they sit/touch nicely without any discomfort
lol