Wire popped out 2 times in 2 weeks!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

simshell

Wire popped out 2 times in 2 weeks!

#1 Post by simshell »

I am supposed to get my braces off in 1-2 months. Recently, they put in a thin wire that is supposed to replicate my real bite--basically its not the same wire they used at the beginning of my treatment which is much thicker wire. Anyway, last time they put the same wire (the thin one) in my mouth, but it was too short on one side so they trimmed it. I have no wire on the very back tooth on my right side. Well since they did this, the wire on the left side keeps popping out now. I was in last week to have it put back in. I can't put it back in myself because they have to take all the elastics off and everything just to fix it. So now its out again. It's not poking me, but I'm thinking since they just trimmed the other side and left one tooth without a wire--can't they do that on the other side too? I'm supposed to go in on the 25th again to discuss my progress, but I don't know if the wire coming out is affecting my progress or not. I am sick of going in there to get this fixed. I wish they'd just give me a new wire. Anybody else have this happen before? I don't understand why it keeps slipping out. I must be eating to hard of foods or something, which I never had a problem with before. Anyway, its annoying. Any advice or experience would help me out. I'm calling tomorrow to have it put back in.

Thanks!

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

That must be very frustrating but yeah, it's a good thing you are calling in tomorrow. I'm sure it doesn't affect your treatment though...

Good luck!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006