Anyone have a clear powerchain?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kittysopretty

Anyone have a clear powerchain?

#1 Post by Kittysopretty »

Does it look dreadful stained? I have a pink one and it's lost it's "cute-ness" to me already, lol

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

Hi,

I don't have one right now but I used to. It got stained after about 4 weeks of wearing it and it started sort of making my teeth look yellow, but I don't think you could tell that I had a powerchain on. It just sort of made the teeth look a bit dingier.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Kittysopretty

#3 Post by Kittysopretty »

Gosh dern it! That's what I was afraid of! I like my teeth to look white! Thanks

Kell

#4 Post by Kell »

I have a clear powerchain and haven't had any problems with staining. I do drink my coffee with a straw so that helps. That is the only change I made but I do have to add that I don't eat too many staining foods. I haven't had to wear my powerchains more than 5 weeks at a time either.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Leslie022

#5 Post by Leslie022 »

I have a clear powerchain and I stained it after eating a cheeseburger with mustard on it. It's not really noticeable unless I've got my face an inch from a mirror. I had a silver powerchain before...the clear one doesn't show up half as much as the silver.
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

lionfish

#6 Post by lionfish »

I have a clear powerchain across my bottom teeth and it is fairly stained after 3 weeks, most likely due to tea, red wine and food colouring in general. It's also got a slightly reddish tinge to it right now care of blood from a wisdom tooth extraction of an hour ago. Pretty gross, I know.

chillin-in-grilz

??

#7 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

whats your site?
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

lionfish

#8 Post by lionfish »

Is that a question for me, braceface2006? I'm not quite with you.

braces4me

#9 Post by braces4me »

I've had a clear powerchain since I got braced (so about 3 months now). Mine turns yellow after about two weeks and I don't drink coffee and very little tea. To me it is noticeable, however everyone else tells me they can not tell a difference.

Kittysopretty

#10 Post by Kittysopretty »

thanks everyone and KK i will check out your site, thanks!

Kittysopretty

#11 Post by Kittysopretty »

Your pics were VERY helpful and I was able to see how much better colored powerchains look as opposed to a stained one. I will stick to my pale pink (afterall, pink IS my signature color!). My ortho did say that although he will NOT change my chain each time my outfit doesn't match up with pink (ha ha funny guy) he said that if I had some big social event that warranted me popping in for a clear one, then replacing it back to my colored he would do so.

Gennel

#12 Post by Gennel »

For the first 4 weeks that I was braced ,they put on beige colored powerchains and they did not get stained at all. Now I just got my first adjustment July 12 and I have clear powerchains and so far they are still very clear with no staining at all.

I don't eat anything with curry, in fact I hate the taste ! Sorry lol I've read several posts here that love it. Idrink coffee once or twice a day but it's like 3 oz of coffee and 4 oz of lowfat milk.

Gennel

Kittysopretty

#13 Post by Kittysopretty »

I don't eat curry but found mustard and chocolate...oh and spaghetti sause to stain clear ligs when I had them