Ceramic Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Angel4Life

Ceramic Braces

#1 Post by Angel4Life »

Hey yall i was wondering does anyone have ceramic braces and how much was the average cost? Also did people notice as much as you thought? Please share you experainces...

Joual

#2 Post by Joual »

My braces aren't on yet, but I'm getting ceramic on top and metal on the bottom. It's $4100.

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

I have ceramics on top and my total cost is 5500$ CAN. It would have been 5000$ if I would have gone all metal.

Ceramics are less visible but people will still notice you have something...they aren't invincible but they really are less obvious than the metal.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

starbaby71

#4 Post by starbaby71 »

I have ceramics on my front 6 teeth on the top too. It was $5500 instead of $5000 which doesn't seem too much of a difference considering the look. I thought they were really noticeable but as long as you're not standing right in front of someone, they generally don't notice.. Actually, on Saturday my boyfriend's friend (he has to get braces too) asked me when I get mine. Haha.. it was funny when I told him I already had them. He said he couldn't even see them :D He wasn't sitting too far away from me either!

Dramagyrl

Canada

#5 Post by Dramagyrl »

It's $6,000 Canadian dollars for me. I don't know if there was a huge price difference between ceramics on the top or all metal, because I never considered all metal. Haha, I went in wanting Invisalign and ended up with this. But the ceramics on the top have been very unnoticeable, I've talked to several people and they didn't even notice, or at least didn't mention it. They tend to catch a glimpse of the bottom metal brackets, if anything.
I just keep telling myself it's worth the price- best investment I've ever made.

straighter-teeth

#6 Post by straighter-teeth »

I have ceramics both upper and lower ... they're supposed to be a new kind ... don't know the name though ... that are smaller than the older ceramics so he was able to put them on the lower as well. It cost me $3200 because he gave me a discount because I was paying upfront with cash. So if you're able to do that, you might want to ask. Most medical professionals will give you a discount. They like not having to work with insurance companies and like the money upfront. :D

lionfish

#7 Post by lionfish »

I paid an additional A$500 to get ceramics on my lower teeth (I have linguals on my uppers). What I ended up with was ceramics on my front 6 teeth and first of each of the premolars, and metal brackets on the remaining lower molars. You can't see the metal at all, no matter how broadly I smile.

I don't show a lot lower teeth at the best of times, but a couple of people have spotted the ceramics, because they do have a profile. A friend has ceramics on her uppers and I have to admit that it took me a while to figure out that she had braces.

Mmmmuuaa

#8 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

My ortho charges $5000 CDN for braces and an extra $600 for ceramic. If you wanted to you could just have ceramic on top for $300 extra. I've heard that some ortho's won't do ceramic on the bottom, why is that?

Bridget

#9 Post by Bridget »

I have upper and lower ceramics, total cost of my treatment will be around 5000 EUR, however the extra charge for ceramics is just 12,50€ per bracket (x28 in my case) so pretty reasonable.

All my friends keep telling me how discreet my braces are and that you really hardly see them.......So that must be true I guess ;-)

Upper and lower ceramics
9 months to go......less if I am REALLY lucky

Aine

#10 Post by Aine »

I have ceramic uppers and metal lowers. The ceramics were $250 extra.

cheerikimi

#11 Post by cheerikimi »

I have been braced for 1 month now. I have ceramics on my upper 8 and metal on the rest. My total cost was $3700. Each ceramic brace was an extra $35.

My experience so far is that people will notice ther silver wire before they notice the braces. My ceramics are bigger than my metal braces but in my opinion worth it. I was hoping that the ceramics would be a bit less noticable, but I am still happy I got them. :D

CLAmom

#12 Post by CLAmom »

Ceramics top & bottom $5300. Most people didn't and still don't notice my brackets unless I have bright ligs on.

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

Raspberry

#13 Post by Raspberry »

My ortho charges $5000 CDN for braces and an extra $600 for ceramic. If you wanted to you could just have ceramic on top for $300 extra. I've heard that some ortho's won't do ceramic on the bottom, why is that?
My ortho wouldn't put ceramics on the bottom because he said that sometimes the teeth will hit against them, and the ceramics are stronger than your teeth so they will break your teeth.

I got 8 ceramics on the top for $200 extra, which i was glad to pay. The are still noticable, but it looks more like I'm wearing a retainer than braces.

susieq182

#14 Post by susieq182 »

my ortho charges 4200 for your choice of metal, gold or ceramic. i went with all metal because the ortho recomended them for my case. This price also includes up to 3 sets of retainers or 3 yrs retention care.
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07

phanta

#15 Post by phanta »

(I'm in Toronto and all amounts are Canadian dollars)

My doctor charges $4800 for all metal, and I paid $5800 for all ceramics ($500 per arch) which I think is a steal, because he included into this everything: even micro-implants. With other doctors, they'd send me out to a surgeon to do it, for much more $. Plus I'm much more confident dealing with an ortho/surgeon, since he's more experienced. And when one person is coordinating the entire treatment, I think the outcome will be better.

As for the issue when upper teeth knock against lower brackets, I have had that problem, but they just put occlusal (blue) bumps on back molars, that makes space between your upper and lower arch. At first it bothered me a lot, but lately they've been trimming the bumps quite well. I don't notice them and they're doing their job, my teeth are not in contact and do not chip.

My Braces Story at www.bracedblog.com