Newbie with a question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blueriley

Newbie with a question

#1 Post by blueriley »

I am officially braced as of 1000. I have learned so much from this forum :D
I am already getting sore spots on my lips, so I tried to apply wax but I cannot get it to stick. :roll: Is their a trick? Any advice would be appreciated.

susieq182

#2 Post by susieq182 »

make sure the spot your putting the wax on is clean and dry then the wax will really stick to the bracket. use more wax then you think you need so it can wrap around the bracket not just stick tothe front so it has more to hold on to.

Congrats and good luck
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07

cheerikimi

#3 Post by cheerikimi »

I agree with the previous poster. Make sure the band it completely dry and the wax is fresh. When I try to put my wax on in a hurry and the band isn't dry, it falls right off.

I had bad sores in the beginning; wax and salt water were dear friends of mine :D

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

I find that if I've just cleaned my teeth or used mouthwash, then the wax won't stick even if I dry the area.
If I wait 1/2 hour or so then it will stick.

Dry the brackets and wire thoroughly with a tissue and then get a big glob and mould it over the brackets and wire. Even if it does go behind your wire you can easily get it out with a toothpick or dental pick, if it doesn't all come off in one piece (it usually does)

Make sure you remember to take it off before your next brushing though, as it's good at clogging up bristles!