Kudos from my Ortho

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tokidoki

Kudos from my Ortho

#1 Post by tokidoki »

I'm just about finished with my elastics and my (rather stoic) orthodontist sincerely complimented me on my behaviour through the process!

I wore my elastics about 90% of the time, which is apparently a lot more than most of the (kid) patients and I guess it shows.

He said because of that and because I haven't broken any brackets, I'm way ahead of schedule.

Yay.

Raspberry

#2 Post by Raspberry »

That's awesome tokidoki (great nick name by the way).
I've only broke 1 bracket so far, and it wasn't my fault, it was the first day with braces on and the glue didn't want to hold. Hopefully I can be as good as you once I get elastics.

Good Job!

Leslie022

#3 Post by Leslie022 »

Good job! That's awesome! You're much better than I! I'm really trying with my elastics. Sometimes, I'll take them out to eat and just completely forget to put them back in until hours later!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Toretto

#4 Post by Toretto »

Well done tokidoki :lol:

Jillianleab

#5 Post by Jillianleab »

Hooray for you! :jump: :-)o :thumbsup: :dance:

You give us all hope and reason to behave ourselves with our treatment!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Kriz

#6 Post by Kriz »

Woohoo great job :D

Kriz

Flora2006

#7 Post by Flora2006 »

Good job :):):)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

braced4asmile

#8 Post by braced4asmile »

Yeah! Way to go! Your perseverance is paying off!

Anxious to be debanded 4/23/08!

skittley80

#9 Post by skittley80 »

Congrats... And I have a question... What exactly do elastics do..and does everyone eventually get them?

--Braced..upper and lower on 7/17/06
--Orthognathic surgery (upper and lower jaw)..possibly summer of '07

tokidoki

#10 Post by tokidoki »

Good question, I don't think everyone has to get elastics...and the treatment times definitely vary. I wore mine for two months, but I've heard of using elastics from a week (ortho's assistant's daughter) to almost the entire treatment time...

I had them because I had this crazy crossbite. (Top palette closing way to the left of the bottom) and elastics brought my midline to center.